DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVII - 4/10-11/2021

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So if I am looking at that right, there will be a pirate ship on the field for probable use instead of THE pirate ship used when there are scores.  

It looks like there's the ship that's always there, which the entrance stage is being built in front of. But the entrance stage seems to be another, larger pirate ship anyway. There's a longer, higher quality version of the video on the same twitter feed, if you want a better look.

How does Bayley not have a big match at WrestleMania? Bayley was one of the lone bright spots of WWE last year. Year long WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion reign/winning the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship with Sasha Banks as the Role Models became the Golden Role Models.

I'd have made Bayley win the Women's Royal Rumble match and face Sasha Banks in the main event of WrestleMania XXXVII. I REALLY wanted that. As Bianca Belair won the Women's Royal Rumble match, I would replace Asuka vs. Rhea Ripley for the WWE RAW Women's Championship with Asuka vs. Bayley for the aforementioned title. The RAW Women's Division could do with Bayley as it's weaker than its counterpart on Smackdown. My alternative big match for Bayley was her vs. Io Shirai for the NXT Women's Championship but she shouldn't lose and she's a main roster talent.

Bottom line, it's bullshit for Bayley not to have a high profile WrestleMania match for the reasons provided.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

unless she's injured or retiring, Bayley not having a high profile wrestlemania match after the 2020 she had is borderline insulting and teaches everyone the wrong lesson about Being A Good Soldier who puts the new person over [Belair] hard.

Of course, part of the problem is that there's traditionally a dearth of meaningful non-belt feuds (for the women especially) so if you're not in the title bout (and she shouldn't be) that leaves the randomly generated tag teams scramble that means nothing or the battle royal that means even less than that or nothing at all, and bonus money aside the latter's actually the best option.

should've had her Karen her way over to Raw to mess with Asuka months ago but it's too late for that now. MAYBE throwing Bayley & Charlotte together to be a super team that wins the belts at mania and bullies people Road Warriors style for a year could give them both something to do that doesn't feel quite so much like they're slumming it until it's time for them both to start winning the singles belts again, but since all the tag team belts mens or womens have been Slumlord Titles for years I'm doubtful.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Casey said:

The bare minimum should have been Bayley hosting one night of WrestleMania instead of Titus fucking O'Neil.

The idea that I believe Satin and probably others came up with is that Bayley hosts a version of Ding Dong with a  surprise special guest and the special guest is Becky Lynch.   Or maybe even the Bellas 

I have to think Bayley is in the tag gauntlet in some form.  Although I thought I saw where Natalya and Tamina aren't even in it so this doesn't seems like one of those "let's get all the women on the show" type matches

She didn't appear to be sick on the Oral Sessions podcast with Renee and actually seemed a little frustrated with what's going on leading up to 'Mania. Obviously she let Renee do most of the complaining about that, but she didn't exactly shoot it down either.

Bayley also had her relationship with Aaron Solow end a few weeks back. It wouldn't shock me if she needed some personal time and then missed the window to have something booked for 'Mania.

I’ve admitted fallen off WWE since the premier of Dynamite. I’ve been going back and forth about getting Peacock do I could watch Wrstkemania. I attended Mania from 15-18 and now I don’t know if I’m gonna watch Mania or not. Then I was emailed a promotion for WWE Peacock. I get 4 months for $2.50 each. I signed up so I’ll be watching Wrestlemania.

Edited by Web Conn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I’ve admitted fallen off WWE since the premier of Dynamite. I’ve been going back and forth about getting Peacock do I could watch Wrstkemania. I attended Mania from 15-18 and now I don’t know if I’m gonna watch Mania or not. Then I was emailed a promotion for WWE Peacock. I get 4 months for $2.50 each. I signed up so I’ll be watching Wrestlemania.

I’ll be watching. I watched fast lane too (I get peacock free with my cable). I’m really looking forward to the women’s singles matches, plus some others. Really liking the 3 hour main show times too. And seeing the crowd reactions. Hoping for a fun time. 

On 4/5/2021 at 10:35 PM, hammerva said:

So someone smacked Vince a little sense and added Damian Priest and John Morrison to make it a tag match

I think Meltzer reported both Priest and Morrison were suffering minor injuries, and because it's the big celebrity appeal to the mainstream audience match, they were being extra careful to avoid possibly false advertising in that match. So that announced the singles match with the intention that if both other guys are good to go, they'd change it. ?

What's your personal over/under how long you can watch the show before you wish that here was no crowd in the arena instead of having to deal with "this is awesome", "one, two, ... two, sweet", "let's go x, let's go y" etc. chants, with the same stupid faces as always in the front row etc. (besides all Covid stuff)?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Robert s said:

What's your personal over/under how long you can watch the show before you wish that here was no crowd in the arena instead of having to deal with "this is awesome", "one, two, ... two, sweet", "let's go x, let's go y" etc. chants, with the same stupid faces as always in the front row etc. (besides all Covid stuff)?

I see the sound alterations being more annoying for me. They've gotten months of practice in a stadium under their belt.

2 hours ago, Robert s said:

Hey nobody told me Seth Rollins joined the forum ?

Yeah there are things we aren't going to miss a week from now but right now anything is better than nothing 

• Like 1