DVDVR Message Board

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER (Many Spoilers HERE~!)

RIPPA

22 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

That would kind of bug me, seeing as to how his father in the comics was a Nazi.

22 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I just explained the history of the Zemo family at work to a bunch of guys who wondered why I thought it was funny that Zeno hates Nazis. 

I would find this all peculiar if Marvel had kept MCU Zemo's nationality as German, but he's Sokovian now.  All bets are off.

We knew this when he infringed on Klaw's gimmick after Zemo's murder of T'Chaka.  Zemo being a master of disguise also steps on the toes of the Chameleon.  MCU Zemo is a gestalt of at least three or four Marvel villains all wrapped together in the now familiar purple hood.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Someone should benefit, since we never got Master of Sound Klaw. 

To be fair, given MCU Klaw's downgrade in profession from scientist to smuggler and illegal arms dealer, we probably weren't going to get him anyway.  MCU Klaw could've kept his original role, but the producers gave his angle to Zemo to try to give him some gravitas.

Did Walker take the SS serum before fighting the Dora Milaje?  I kinda lost track of the timeline.  If he did, then I applaud MCU continuing to reinforce that training and proper equipment can still trump super powers.

• Sad 1

The funny thing about Klaw is they swerved everyone by casting Andy Serkis, since him doing motion capture for a CGI Klaw made of solid sound makes total sense. 

I thought he still hasn't used it yet. But it would make sense why he went crazy at the end. 

The funny thing about Klaw is they swerved everyone by casting Andy Serkis, since him doing motion capture for a CGI Klaw made of solid sound makes total sense.

I bought into that, too.  Serkis had made a career out of mocap performances, so I figured how could all of this not be leading up to Master of Sound Klaw?

We were all fooled.

I thought he still hasn't used it yet. But it would make sense why he went crazy at the end. 

Yeah, I thought the murder of Nico was a result of Walker having a SS serum roid rage moment triggered by having his ass kicked by mere mortals.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I figured it was more him snapping from Battlestadying. g.

Cascading series of triggering events magnified by the SS serum.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I don't think Walker took the serum until after the fight with the Dora Milaje. He waited and clearly contemplated using it for a while.

“They weren’t even super soldiers...”

On 4/9/2021 at 5:25 PM, The Natural said:

Reveal hidden contents

EyiQWQUUcAQyl2y?format=jpg&name=large

Wyatt Russell nailed that moment.

Best episode yet. My wife, who follows the MCU but has never read a comic, was cursing Walker out as soon as he went to grab that last serum vial. Then THAT ending. Fuck. 

Two more episodes - and seemingly 3-4 still unknown characters showing up, if the end credit placeholders can be believed... 

• Haha 2

The missed plot beat was the two times this episode that Walker was giving Bucky shit for letting his unpowered partner go into things alone and it was going to get him killed, then Walker's impatience and frustration ended up getting Hopkins killed was good storytelling. 

They are pushing that just because of serum and a Shield, it doesn't make you a superhero and Walker and Hopkins were in way over their heads from jump, and Bucky and Sam are the way they are because they've lives through some shit. 

And with that, they got 2 episodes left,  and I'm getting impatient for Sam to get the Shield and take down Walker.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 2:28 AM, J.T. said:

Did Walker take the SS serum before fighting the Dora Milaje?  I kinda lost track of the timeline.  If he did, then I applaud MCU continuing to reinforce that training and proper equipment can still trump super powers.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:01 AM, TheVileOne said:

I don't think Walker took the serum until after the fight with the Dora Milaje. He waited and clearly contemplated using it for a while.

I got the impression he'd taken it shortly before meeting with Hopkins in the cafe and having a deep discussion about taking the serum.  He seemed a little jittery/wonky/squirrely (more so than normal) in that meeting.  Still, none of it gels with Karli's description, which sounded like the serum taking effect took a while and consisted of extreme burning pain that made you want to die.

I wished they'd gotten Danai Gurira for this episode and the last as the key member of the Dora Milaje.  It would have been more impactful.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I wished they'd gotten Danai Gurira for this episode and the last as the key member of the Dora Milaje.  It would have been more impactful.

I agree.  It kind of felt like when Sif was on Agents of Shield.  Like, we couldn't get one of the "real" stars, so here's a supporting character.

That said, at least Ayo is established as a higher-up Dora Milaje, not just a random.  She was the first one from that group that we met in Civil War.  So, she was there when Zemo bombed the UN.  Also, it was nice that they at least tried to establish that her and Bucky have a connection going back to his deprogramming.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

I agree.  It kind of felt like when Sif was on Agents of Shield.  Like, we couldn't get one of the "real" stars, so here's a supporting character.

That said, at least Ayo is established as a higher-up Dora Milaje, not just a random.  She was the first one from that group that we met in Civil War.  So, she was there when Zemo bombed the UN.  Also, it was nice that they at least tried to establish that her and Bucky have a connection going back to his deprogramming.  

LOL I guess I didn't pay attention too well because I totally missed that and thought she was a rando.  ?

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 2