DVDVR Message Board

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER (Many Spoilers HERE~!)

RIPPA

Walker snapping under the pressure then just getting owned by the Dora Milaje is low key pretty great and build up on the conversation he and Hoskins had about "The serum makes you whatever you are".  

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Walker snapping under the pressure then just getting owned by the Dora Milaje is low key pretty great and build up on the conversation he and Hoskins had about "The serum makes you whatever you are".  

10 years later and this scene from Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) is still one of the best scenes from Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Same for the following earlier in the movie:

"I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from." Perfect.

Edited by The Natural

12 hours ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:

Zemo stealing scenes left right and centre, delighted for Daniel Bruhl! I have a soft spot for him since Goodbye Lenin. 

Didn't they say Falcon & Winter Soldier would tie into multiple future projects?

I wonder if Thunderbolts is one of them. I, for one, would totally be up for some Thunderbolts.

Edited by The Z
  • Like 3

Yes, but they haven't clarified which. There's rumors about the Flag Smashers

Spoiler

releasing a Terrigen bomb, which would tie into Ms. Marvel

There's also the Thunderbolts rumor, which has been around since before Disney+ was a thing and the idea was for Thunderbolts to be a movie, not a show.

It also presumably loosely ties into a future Young Avengers project, since Patriot/Isaiah Bradley was stealthily introduced.

Wyatt Russell is on another level from everybody else on this show, and the longer it goes on, the clearer it becomes that the best show they could’ve made out of this would’ve been one without Falcon and Winter Soldier that’s just about John Walker slowly cracking under the pressure of carrying the shield.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I mean, there have been more than a few times they show the shield getting stuck in a wall or something after it being thrown, so it just bouncing off a dude’s head and it only knocking him out and the next time you see him he’s got a cold compress on his head and is otherwise fine seems a little incongruous. 

4 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Blood-Stained Shield John Walker is going to make one helluva Funko Pop.

Do you know there's a John Walker Funko POP coming out?

Spoiler

OIP.APTdt1_52YAjIhexPMd26wHaHW?pid=ImgDe

Tempted to pre-order one.

Edited by The Natural

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Oh man, now I want a film or TV show as Magneto (Sir Ian McKellen or Michael Fassbender) teams up with Helmut Zemo as Nazi hunters around the world.

That would kind of bug me, seeing as to how his father in the comics was a Nazi.

I would assume the shield thrower just wouldn't throw it as hard if aiming at a human they didn't want to kill. I mean, I can toss a ball to my son without always whipping it at him full force...

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 2

Did the person throwing the Shield have super-strength at the time he threw it? Because if not, maybe generating lethal force would be beyond him.