DVDVR Message Board

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER (Many Spoilers HERE~!)

RIPPA

On 3/24/2021 at 1:48 AM, Brian Fowler said:

But is it glued to his face?

That better happen at some point.

Is it wrong to wonder if Bucky's therapist will end up being Moonstone? (Ruling out Dr. Faustus for  the moment)  

I think it is because Amy Aquino's character is named Dr. Raynor. Moonstone's real name is Karla Sofen.

Edited by TheVileOne

Ep2: Good episode though not at the level the opener was as Falcon/Winter Soldier go for the group who want the world to return to as is. John Walker, the new Captain America and his sidekick get in on it. The latter try twice for the former to work with them but refuse. Bucky is annoyed at Sam giving up the shield. There's a poignant bit as Bucky/Sam go to meet Isaiah, a black Super Soldier who took on Bucky back in the day when he was the Winter Soldier. Isaiah is pissed for the jail time he spent, the tests done to him. Without any leads the episode ends on Bucky/Sam going to see Zemo who knows HYDRAs secrets.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This exchange made me laugh:

Sam Wilson/The Falcon: "Look at you. All stealthy. A little time in Wakanda and you come out White Panther."

Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier: "It's actually White Wolf"

Sam: "Huh?"

I do enjoy the bickering banter between the two.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

After episode 2,i'm fully behind the Flag Smashers! Hell yeah, a world without borders sounds great! Not letting the same small group of people control the planet sounds great. Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounded like they were bringing medicine to refugee camps? Great bunch of lads! 

Can't get a fix on John Walker yet, he seems like a relatively OK dude, I imagine we've only seen phase 1 of his origin so far though, maybe his pal Battlestar gets killed and that causes a snap. Is John Walker a super soldier at this point? If not, how the hell was he hanging with Morgenthau et al? 

Full disclosure, my knowledge of the systems of racial discrimination and oppression in the US is limited to what I've read rather than anything I've experienced. But I really like that a Marvel property is tackling some of that, even if it's in subtle ways. I mean, that's what Stan Lee was all about, he wrote characters for the oppressed, so that's my favourite aspect of the show so far. The treatment of Isaiah in comparison to Steve Rogers is so stark. Follow that with the cops going full, "calm down sir" as they finger their guns at Sam, oof! 

• Like 6

I don't think Walker is a super soldier yet, doesn't appear he's been given the serum. He wasn't able to overpower Karli Morgenthau. I do think he's going to go over the line at some point.

Spoiler

There's that set footage of him going crazy and brutalizing someone in public.

After what happened toward the end, something tells me that Karli and the Flag Smashers aren't the real threat here. Or at the very least, they got duped/used by Powerbroker and are now trying to put a stop to him; or maybe they are refusing to do what he wants. Also, I think trying to work with and get help from Zemo is one of the worst things they can possibly do.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 4

I think the Flag Smashers are rebelling against the Power Broker's plans, and in order to stop the Flag Smashers from like, y'know, giving people medicine and shit, John Walker (and maybe Battlestar) will get the super serum from him. Zemo helps Bucky & Sam, but is also working on his own thing behind the scenes: some sort of Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts mash-up.

It's going to be real weird when

Spoiler

Yelena Belova

makes their debut in this show instead of what was originally planned. I wonder how they handle that.

• Like 2

Solid episodes so far, but this series feels a bit chunkier than WandaVision did.  It's almost as if these guys took a two picture movie script and turned it into a mini-series.

Not that I am complaining.  This series is introducing much more stuff into the MCU than WandaVision did.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Yeah they straight up introduced Eli Bradley and didn't even address it during this episode, that's interesting.

EDIT: That's three Young Avengers so far, with Kate Bishop, America Chavez and Cassie Lang on the horizon. Skrulls in the MCU introduces the possibility for Hulkling, and the Loki show could introduce Kid Loki.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

Yeah, revealing Power Broker is involved solves how Walker and Hoskins are going to get powered up.  Flag Smashers are probably just guys doing their own thing against Power Broker.  

I'm wondering if they're gonna pull the trigger on having Torres take over as Falcon when Sam finally become Cap in this series or they're going to wait down the line.  

I'm also hyped that the groundwork for Patriot has been laid.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

That better happen at some point.

I think it is because Amy Aquino's character is named Dr. Raynor. Moonstone's real name is Karla Sofen.

Yeah, but that’s an easy work around. 

Power Broker is probably going to be the rich corporate type who plays both sides and is bankrolling and supplying international conflicts, like Iron Monger/Stane. Meanwhile, the Flag Smashers/Karli probably did genuinely want to help people and do good for the less fortunate and disenfranchised, but in doing so she made a deal with Power Broker to get the serum or they might've even stolen it.

Edited by TheVileOne

Well, I mean, if Power Broker is doing his ol' "I'll give you powers for a price" schick from teh comics, then him powering up Flag Smasher and eventually Walker and/or Hoskins tracks, especially if they're doing it because they still think the Flag Smashers are the bad guys while Sam and Bucky figure out otherwise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

I didn't know till today Wyatt Russell's Dad is Kurt Russell and his Sister is Kate Hudson. You learn something new every day so the saying says.

He was really great on Lodge 49. Really under appreciated show, IMO. He was great as a lovable goof on that show. Funny seeing him play an aggressive prick here. 

• Like 1

So really enjoyable episode, but I'll play @EVA's advocate here and say that there were a bunch of elements/characters in episode 1 when they were apart that weren't here at all and that felt a little disjointed. It felt like an entirely different show than last week.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Presumably, step sister since her dad was one of the Hudson Brothers. 

Half-sister.  Goldie is both their mother, Kurt is just Wyatt's father. 

14 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah they straight up introduced Eli Bradley and didn't even address it during this episode, that's interesting.

EDIT: That's three Young Avengers so far, with Kate Bishop, America Chavez and Cassie Lang on the horizon. Skrulls in the MCU introduces the possibility for Hulkling, and the Loki show could introduce Kid Loki.

Isn’t Kang the next big bad? That could bring in Iron Lad.

Really enjoyed episode 2. It had that Bucky/Sam banter I was craving. The intro to Walker was pretty solid as well. Was pleasantly surprised to see them introduce Isiah Bradley. I suppose we get Patriot when they finally hit Young Avengers. Looking forward to seeing how everything plays out with Flag Smashers and the Power Broker.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Natural said:

This exchange made me laugh:

Sam Wilson/The Falcon: "Look at you. All stealthy. A little time in Wakanda and you come out White Panther."

Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier: "It's actually White Wolf"

Sam: "Huh?"

I do enjoy the bickering banter between the two.

I also chuckled at Bucky's plane fall with the shouting all the way down and Bucky taking a swipe at Redwing like if there's a fly/moth annoying you.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2021 at 6:12 AM, Fighting a man with a perm said:

After episode 2,i'm fully behind the Flag Smashers! Hell yeah, a world without borders sounds great! 

I am the opposite as I can appreciate the ideas of autonomy and sovereignty without being a wacky paleo-nationalist.

• Like 2