DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 3/10/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Seeing all the women in NXT out for the tag titles announcement really does push how big the division is in comparison to the main roster. I don't think Smackdown's and Raw's rosters combined come close to even equaling them. Pretty sure NXT UK has a bigger division as well.

Io/Toni was solid-good. Still feels liek they have a better match in them though it was nice to see it finally go down in NXT.

Raquel/Kai vs. Shotzi/Ember was fun though I'm kind of annoyed Raquel & Dakota lost the belts that fast. Did find them already building Raquel/Io up to be interesting. I like that Io straight up targeted Raquel instead of waiting for her to come to her. I assume this will be the big Takeover match. Hopefully Raquel wins.

The Way's little segment after the women's tag titles match was fun. 

The segment with Ciampa & Thatcher makes me want to see Ciampa/Walter. 

Xia/Kayden was alright while it lasted. Dug Kacy giving no fucks and just going after Xia when she realized Xia was trying to cripple Kayden.

Leon Ruff cut a nice little promo for his match with Swerve next week.

Balor/Cole seemed solid, but I just care so little for Cole. Was nice to see Kyle return to beat Cole's ass post match. Not super excited for Kross/Balor. I think Kross is one of the most boring guys in NXT ring wise and just ok character wise. Hopefully Balor retains when it finally goes down.

Kinda figured that Raquel and Dakota would hold the tag titles till they were ready for Io/Raquel. Guess I was right, though still bummed that they didn't get to hold the tag titles longer. Kinda can't see them not putting the belt on Raquel though now.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Yeah if they stay with that look, he is definitely going to be Otis's little brother on the main roster

You know what, my immediate thought when I walked by the TV and saw him with that gear was Sami but you're absolutely right.  He looked like the troubled cousin who shared his mom's cigarettes with Otis.

This was an excellent show. NXT isn't as good as it was during it's peak from a storyline standpoint, but they're really starting to get back there as far as in-ring content goes. The tag scene in particular is heating up right now and I'm excited to see what matches they build up.

I also thought Raquel and Dakota dropped the belts too early. Io is getting stale as champ as well, but I guess they're waiting for Takeover for her to drop it to Raquel?

Speaking of Takeover, with it being two nights I'm assuming they're going to feature matches from the UK brand as well in order to fill it out.

Even though I don't care about Cole or Balor that much, they still had a fantastic match. It being on tv as opposed to Takeover kept them from getting into over-indulgent territory.

Dakota/Raquel getting the titles and dropping them instantly was really bad. That was like something you'd see in end-stage WCW. Just do a match for the vacant belts instead of stat-padding the roster. Also the Shotzi/Ember team does nothing for me. Dakota and Raquel are a much more natural pairing than Ember just adopting Shotzi's gimmick (whatever that is) for no reason.

Not sure when WWE learned how to book a dominant face champion, but I'm here for everything Finn Balor these days. I kept waiting for the overkill, and it never really came. Not sure why Cole burned his two main finishers with kickouts, seemed like they could've protected them a little more there, but at least it wasn't too drawn out. I also like that the distraction finish was minimal and kept Finn strong with another clear finishing run. Looking forward to what he can do with Kross, who is the most imposing challenger thus far.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Ember just adopting Shotzi's gimmick (whatever that is) for no reason.

Ember has had the style she has since she returned to NXT, and its not really much off from what she was doing during her first run. She and Shotzi just happen to be a bit similar is all.

On 3/12/2021 at 7:48 AM, Eivion said:

Ember has had the style she has since she returned to NXT, and its not really much off from what she was doing during her first run. She and Shotzi just happen to be a bit similar is all.

Which may be part of the reason they gravitated towards one another in the first place.

• Like 1