DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/10/2021

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

REMINDER - No mid-show commentary.  It's a DVDVR rule. 

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Is Christian that shitty of a babyface that he can't have at least one program as the hot debuting legend before turning heel? My friend was predicting a heel turn the second I recapped the angle for him. I get that he's a significantly better heel than face but man... Seems counterproductive/intuitive to turn him heel right away.

I don't think he's a shitty babyface, but he's so much better as a heel. I'm also honestly not sure if it would be a bad idea to immediately program another newcomer, this time from WWE, against the champion.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Here's the deal.  Mox and Eddie say the bomb didn't go off because Omega is garbage at building them and Callis couldn't afford the good shit.  

But from Callis and Omega POV they MEANT to not explode the ring to embarrass Mox and Eddie was embarrassed by putting his nose in it. 

You aren't supposed to believe Callis.  They are heels..  they'll say anything... 

I thought the Mox/Eddie segment was more than enough to put this to bed with the other segment being way overkill.  But on second watch I did pick up the unintentional luck that they said they ran into.  So while the second part wasn't needed it covered everything the best they could. Hopefully that's the end of this while they move on to a helluva tag match next week. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I thought the Mox/Eddie segment was more than enough to put this to bed with the other segment being way overkill.  But on second watch I did pick up the unintentional luck that they ran into.  So while the second part wasn't needed it covered everything the best they could. Hopefully that's the end of this while they move on to a helluva tag match next week. 

That match is going to be great. I'm thinking they'll hold off until that big St Paddy's Day episode unless I missed something

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I thought the Mox/Eddie segment was more than enough to put this to bed with the other segment being way overkill.  But on second watch I did pick up the unintentional luck that they ran into.  So while the second part wasn't needed it covered everything the best they could. Hopefully that's the end of this while they move on to a helluva tag match next week. 

Now let us never speak of it again. 

• Like 2

So, wait. If the main event angle leads us to the first Blood & Guts match as many are predicting... Cody won't be in AEW's first WarGames? Is Penta really going to break his arm so he won't have to be there in person to witness it? 

• Sad 1

Just now, Jiji said:

So, wait. If the main event angle leads us to the first Blood & Guts match as many are predicting... Cody won't be in AEW's first WarGames? Is Penta really going to break his arm so he won't have to be there in person to witness it? 

I assume the shoulder thing is also because he's gonna be gone for a bit having a kid. I'm wondering how they'll write Mox out since he didn't blow up, another Good Bros beatdown is gonna suck

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I assume the shoulder thing is also because he's gonna be gone for a bit having a kid. I'm wondering how they'll write Mox out since he didn't blow up, another Good Bros beatdown is gonna suck

He has a legit partially torn rotator cuff. He'd be wise to spend parental leave rehabbing and holding his kid with one arm.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Kenny said "69 me Don!" on national television. 

And I will forgive Cody for many of his sins should his exit be the kickstarter to a bad ass Penta run. Alex Abrahantes did a great job, but I mean mother fucking Dario Cueto has to be around right?

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I thought they did a great job covering the Revolution ending stuff. Really the best it could go, Moxley and Kingston were perfect together. Matt/Fenix was fun. Cody/Pentagon is interesting, as others have said it seems like a solid way to take Cody off TV if it has to happen.  The possibility of Sting/Archer intrigues me. It's a running thing that Sting must always be interrupted. Archer mentioned Sting as the one legend he wished to face in an interview about a year ago. 

Loved the Moxley/Kingston v. Bullet Club segment leading in to Christian/Omega. Really wanna see Christian/Omega now. Didn't get any heel turn vibes and I hope they don't go that route that quickly. I'm a huge fan of Christian's 2007 heel run in TNA but his best WWE stuff was all babyface in 09-11 and especially with his "Out Work Everyone" gimmick, I'd like to see him working babyface in the ring. His theme sounded slightly remixed from the original or like they are still reworking it. 

Maki Itoh's entrance is the greatest and keeps getting better. Continuing while everyone else brawled was my favorite part of the show. Commentary all cracking up over it was great. The more Maki, the better. Britt/Thunder next week should be great. I'm guessing that will be Britt winning a title shot while Rosa goes back to NWA for a bit (even though Red Velvet is ranked #1 contender) Fun match and Scorpio/Darby ruled with some cool counters.

Closing segment was awesome. So glad it didn't go the obvious predictable route that was teased, loved everyone sticking with Jericho and their original allegiance as it should be. Then MJF pulling the final swerve with the Horsemen. I've never been a Spears fan but actually kind of like that they didn't just abandon Tully's original partnership with him and I haven't minded him too much. Perfect setup for Blood & Guts again, though I am sad that Cody won't be involved as I'll always wish last year's match could have happened. Hell of a beatdown and closing angle here. Great show and another loaded lineup next week. 

• Like 2

Yeah I truly have no fucking clue what people are talking about when it comes to Christian Cage showing heel tendencies. He got in Omega's face, almost hit his finisher, and then held the belt up as if he was going for it.

Mox and King as a duo is going to be fucking great, I hope. Please let them beat the shit out of the Bucks and then defend against a whole ton of people. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Oh yeah, Kenny said "69 me Don!" on national television. 

And I will forgive Cody for many of his sins should his exit be the kickstarter to a bad ass Penta run. Alex Abrahantes did a great job, but I mean mother fucking Dario Cueto has to be around right?

He bought Salina's Stable in MLW. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I thought the Mox/Eddie segment was more than enough to put this to bed with the other segment being way overkill.

After watching the first segment, I actually wanted one with Kenny.  Mox and Eddie disagreed with each other on whether Kenny made the explosion a dud on purpose, so that sort of created a question for Kenny to come along and answer.

• Like 2

So in the Best Friends interview in the arcade, Orange Cassidy was sitting in the Fast and Furious game. Character consistency, right there.

• Like 7

I don’t get the Spears hate. He’s fine. A solid worker with good offense. He’s the least over member of that group but that’s no big deal.

I dug that show. Sweet Jesus I hope they don’t put the fucking Impact tag team titles on Moxley and Kingston. That’d almost be worse than making a guy go on live tv wearing a gas mask.

Fuck Kenny Omega. Fuck him up his stupid ass. His forced nonchalance on the mic doesn’t fool me, and his pretentious ring work makes him a chore to watch. He’s Seth Rollins with shitty hair. Shittier hair. Hopefully the King gets a run with the strap. Or Christian. Or literally fucking anyone that doesn’t want to make me sink into a sensory deprivation chamber.

Maki Itoh kicks ass.

Also, I’m pretty sure I know the engineer at tnt that fucked the sound all up...

Edited by just drew
  • Like 2

People were pretty much saying Scorpio needed to win or else he was done.  I thought him hitting those two perfectly timed counters (cutter out of Darby's tope, powerbomb out of the Coffin Drop) in the stretch run of the match was a way to mitigate the damage done by the loss.  But yeah, the heel turn wipes the slate clean.

• Like 2