DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2021

ChesterCopperpot

I assume Whatley was in one class and Brickhouse was in the other so they could say there was Black representation in both legacy classes.  Both guys have some stuff that I love but putting them in the same group as Dick the Bruiser, Gary Hart, and Dr. Death is pretty bananas.

3 hours ago, bazzil said:

Is there anyone else who was an active wrestler as recently as Doc whos in the Legacy section?

Luna Vachon (active until 2007) got in a couple of years ago and, well, Brickhouse has wrestled as late as 2016.

5 hours ago, KidNatural said:

I was wrong, but I don't think much thought was put into the Legacy class. Both Whatley and Brown were the very definition of journeyman and Buzz Sawyer is an odd choice given his history with Undertaker.

"Hey Bruce, do you know some black guys who wrestled in the past?" - but yeah, even if the whole process was just Vince asking Bruce or Hayes to give him some names, it's weird that those are the names they came up with.

1 hour ago, Robert s said:

"Hey Bruce, do you know some black guys who wrestled in the past?" - but yeah, even if the whole process was just Vince asking Bruce or Hayes to give him some names, it's weird that those are the names they came up with.

And he would follow that up with "and are they dead?" Sweet Daddy Siki makes a whole lot of sense but he has the temerity of being alive.