DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2021

ChesterCopperpot

11 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Well to be fair at least this time they're celebrating somebody that's with the company doing great things.  So I'm very happy that Titus is being recognized as he seems like one helluva person.

But yes it is complete bullshit that Lauper isn't in though I'd rather she get the induction in front of a full crowd and not whatever they're gonna do this year.

Celebrating Titus for doing great things feels weird when he was nearly fired by Vince for grabbing Vince's arm on screen. Personally, I would have awarded it to Shad and his family.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Craig H said:

Celebrating Titus for doing great things feels weird when he was nearly fired by Vince for grabbing Vince's arm on screen. Personally, I would have awarded it to Shad and his family.

I'd have given it to Shad and his family. Other alternative, a joint awarding with Mr Brodie Lee as once of the most loved figures in the wrestling business. It's cool that Titus is getting recognised for what he's done. Still shitty the award is named after a homophobic POS and for what he said about Bobby Heenan.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

How is Dr. Death, a guy who was wrestling during the Attitude era, a "legacy wing" candidate? And Buzz Sawyer and Brickhouse Brown were about the same age as he was (all were born in 59 or 60). Hall, Nash and Hogan all were older then they were, Davey Boy was barely younger.

Edited by Robert s

I'm glad for Boesch getting in. I can't easily explain Brown. I think the Legacy award is basically guys who would not be marketable/recognizable on the main list. Sawyer is a weird choice. I kind of wonder what Taker thinks of that one.

They had time. They could create content over a couple of nights. It's a bit of a shame they didn't have people induct. This was the one year where there was no harm in people going long, so of course they don't. That's this company for you.

1 hour ago, KidNatural said:

I was wrong, but I don't think much thought was put into the Legacy class. Both Whatley and Brown were the very definition of journeyman and Buzz Sawyer is an odd choice given his history with Undertaker.

Seemed a good time to sneak Kamala in as it wouldn’t have gotten much attention/press.