DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2021

ChesterCopperpot

I'm happy that Kane is being inducted , he's definitely one of the most memorable characters ever that endured alot of bad angles and that's not to Mention alot of the hoakyness that type of gimmick lends itself to. A while back I  was watching  early 96 WWF Superstars doing spring board clotheslines and some other agile maneuvers as Isaac Yankees. Then 6 months later he'd be a Parody of Diesel. I find it so interesting that as Hoaky and sometimes cheesy as  Gimmicks like Undertaker and Kane could be they both were very serious about keeping the integrity of their inring work. We see all the bells and whistles with the current incarnation of Bray Wyatt and  how it's completely killing his opponents credibility. It's not necessarily Brays fault because those types of Supernatural gimmicks don't require you to be any good in the ring 

• Like 1

Blah, blah, not a real Hall of Fame, yadda yadda, no physical building, yakity shmakity, Vince's pick - but I say--- The Great Khali?!?!?!? For shame... The HoF is the last thing that attracts my interest about WrestleMania anymore, but I can comfortably walk away now. Not out of protest or anger, but just the scales are dropped from my eyes, the bar has lowered so precipitously, the silliness is so apparent, that I have lost interest. I don't mind justifying Koko B. Ware, Abdullah the Butcher, James Dudley, Drew Carey for sundry carny reasons but TGK is a shite choice for me.

- RAF, who doesn't like to be so negative but even if you wanted to court "the Indian Universe" there were better choices in my opinion...

I like seeing the reactions, but I do miss the career video package way of announcing the inductees. 

Always a fan of Kane, Khali, and RVD so I look forward to this. Though I wish it wasn't taped and thus edited/cut for time.

Edited by DreamBroken

On 3/24/2021 at 10:20 AM, hammerva said:

RVD probably high as fuck with Katie Forbes all over him

Please please please please please let this happen. I can imagine Vince in the back "dammit Rob, you disgraced the Hall with that behavior. Are you ON something?"

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

BTW, if you're not convinced Vince wouldn't know Rob was high just remember he didn't know what the 4:20 Legdrop meant and they told him it was the degrees he turned on i or something.

Four legs and their combined shoe size. Vince McMahon has seen enough of the world that he can allegedly cover up a murder, but he can't see through that nonsense. 

• Haha 4

FYI - in case folks were wondering, RVD is the last person for this year's class

Meltzer was saying on the radio show yesterday that all he keeps being told is the Peacock/Daniel Bryan thing was an error but not what type of error (meaning if Bryan is/was supposed to go in this year or someone was just silly)

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer was saying on the radio show yesterday that all he keeps being told is the Peacock/Daniel Bryan thing was an error but not what type of error (meaning if Bryan is/was supposed to go in this year or someone was just silly)

Then whoever put that up should be punished in some way, especially if he's not going in after all.

I was going to say fired but with the pandemic I didn't feel right saying that.

• Like 1

I already knew about it, but when RVD came up on Raw tonight while they listed the other inductees I felt really, really happy from a deep place. I know HHH went in with the DX induction but RVD beat him there as a single! Now if I could just go back in time and tell my 2002 self about this and say "chill, RVD will be all right." So him and the Dudleys are the only fully legit, got big in the original ECW first wrestlers so far? I can't think of anyone else, male or female, who was an actual mainstay and not like Eddie whose run was only a matter of months. Heyman's in as soon as he retires but I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone else who was synonymous with ECW that'd be considered. Shane Douglas ain't gonna make it, neither will Sabu and damn sure not Taz any time soon.

They really need to use an older picture of Kane for his graphic, like 98/99 Kane when he looked like the genuine last person on the roster you'd ever want to get their hands on you.

10 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

I can't think of anyone else, male or female, who was an actual mainstay and not like Eddie whose run was only a matter of months.

Tommy Dreamer is a shoe-in for the Hall but with him still wrestling I can see him going in once he retires.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Tommy Dreamer is a shoe-in for the Hall but with him still wrestling I can see him going in once he retires.

... is he though? If there was an ECW Hall of Fame, absolutely, he gets his own wing. I know the WWE Hall has inducted people who never wrestled for WWE in substantial fashion but at least they were people who had prominent careers in multiple promotions. Raven would get in before Dreamer to me but I do reserve a special shout-out for Dreamer's license plate-based WWE Hardcore belt.

Well to be fair at least this time they're celebrating somebody that's with the company doing great things.  So I'm very happy that Titus is being recognized as he seems like one helluva person.

But yes it is complete bullshit that Lauper isn't in though I'd rather she get the induction in front of a full crowd and not whatever they're gonna do this year.