DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2021

ChesterCopperpot

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

THIS.

About. Fucking. Time. I LOVE Molly Holly ever since she was Miss. Madness/Mona in WCW 1999. A great person in and out of the ring. Fancy Beth Phoenix to induct Molly Holly as she used to pay for her OVW tuition fees. Made up for Molly. Congratulations xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

As a reminder - last year's class was

Batista, the nWo (Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Sean "X-Pac" Waltman), Nikki & Brie Bella, JBL, British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith, and Jushin Thunder Liger

Yeah - the full week schedule appears to be

• Monday - RAW
  • Tuesday - Hall of Fame
  • Wednesday - NXT Takeover on USA
  • Thursday - NXT Takeover on Peacock
  • Friday - Smackdown
  • Saturday - WrestleMania Night 1
  • Sunday - WrestleMania Night 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Both classes on the same night - Tuesday 6th 

WWE's answer to the Exploding Barbed Wire match might be them using it as a deterrent for anyone who makes an acceptance speech longer than 7 minutes. 

28 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Any talk/rumours on the headliner for the Hall of Fame 2021? Normally the first announcement is the head of it.

Nope

If I had to guess - since the WWE is holding the ceremony in person - they are probably ensuring inductees are willing/able to attend first before finalizing the class.

• Thanks 1

Happy for Bisch. Obviously we're still copying the NWO 25 years later, but also, we're copying many of Nitro's original production techniques. As a producer and with respect to how pro wrestling is shot, he was extremely influential. 

That's always been my position on Bischoff. It's fair to call him a one hit wonder as a booker (though I'd point to the cruiserweight division as a second hit), but as a producer of TV, he was highly innovative. HOF worthy in that regard alone, ignoring the booking.

I'd argue that Nitro looked like nothing before it, to a large degree, yet WWE has looked like it did in 2001 for 20 years now. 

• Like 4