DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is A Hurtful Celebration - 3/8/2021

Sex Machine Gun

There's probably some other bullshit that can be found elsewhere, but all that's on the WWE.com website is that tonight will be a CELEBRATION OF THE ALMIGHTY!

Of course, how they phrase it is "what will Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander have in store for the celebration?" as if there'll be some dissension. Please, no dissension. Let them all be in lockstep until Summer at least.

This whole Shane thing is just the complete soggy shits. He's the heel I'm guessing? I feel no sympathy towards Braun for continually being called stupid. I have no idea why Shane would want to mentally fuck with one of his roster members just for fun. I have no desire to see any sort of match between these two. It's just a massive waste of my extremely valuable time.

• Like 2

Drew/Sheamus was good again. I'm assuming we get an I Quit/Last Man Standing/some other gimmick match at Fastlane for the Mania title shot.

Big Show signs with AEW so they decide to re-do the Shane/Show feud with Braun this time. It was a steaming pile then and it's even worse now. For most of that segment Shane sounded like a grade school kid who forgot his lines in the school play and started repeating himself over and over. What's worse is we're going to have to pretend a 50 year old non-wrestler can hold his own with Braun in a match that will eat up 20+ minutes on a PPV and feature Shane getting gassed under 3 and then taking some big stupid bump through the announce table.

On the plus side, Retribution look to continue to fall apart and next week's match between Riddle and Ali has potential to be really good.

Miz/Lashley was fun.

Drew/Sheamus was good until the dumb ending.

Naomi/Lana vs. Shayna/Nia was ok. Kind of feel sorry for Naomi & Lana finally getting their title shot on a random Raw episode instead of a ppv. 

The Shane/Braun stuff is incredibly dumb though not unexpected. Felt like they were building to a WM match between the two once Shane came back and got in between Braun & Pearce. Why they think the feud is a remotely good idea I can only wonder.

Kind of skipped around Orton/AJ since I knew how it would end. Not sure why they felt it should be given the main event spot over Lashley/Miz or Drew/Sheamus.

I skipped most of the show tonight. What I saw was honestly meh. The whole Shane/Braun thing was dumb. I have zero interest in a Shane/Braun brawl. Shane's age is really catching up with him. You could hear how heavy he was breathing with that microphone nowhere near his nose and mouth. That just screams wonders about his cardio at almost 50. 

I guess we're gonna get a couple of weeks of Shane making Braun look dumb. Must be something Vince likes.

I found it incredibly off-putting for Charlotte to just shit all over Dana and Mandy. This isn’t even a character thing. It’s a “how many times can we see the same stupid shit” thing. If Charlotte’s coworkers actually do hate her, I can see why.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Yeah its not like they said shit about her before that or something. 

Did I miss something they said & this is sarcasm or are you agreeing with me? I’m living w a 7 month old and haven’t had enough sleep to tell the difference....

4 hours ago, just drew said:

Did I miss something they said & this is sarcasm or are you agreeing with me? I’m living w a 7 month old and haven’t had enough sleep to tell the difference....

They actually were talking shit just a bit about Charlotte declaring her intentions for the title before she showed up. 

Edited by Eivion

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

They actually were talking shit just a bit about Charlotte declaring her intentions for the title before she showed up. 

I youtubed the clip. I just hate the willingness to bury an entire division to get Charlotte over when that's what they've been doing for seven years. It just feels like her presence overshadows the division, because with Becky, Lacey and Asuka out she towers over everyone in terms of importance. Shoehorn Charlotte makes #1 contenders matches irrelevant, because all she has to do is show up. Ugh. At this point, it seems as though her presence is a net negative for the show.

• Like 1

Honestly they have a tendency to bury the division when they get tunnel vision focused on specific women. Charlotte has been in the position the longest, but they did the same for Ronda, Becky, & Alexa, etc. at times. I'd just like them to book most of the talent like they actually matter on some level. I'm fine with there being clear differences in ranks for the Horsewomen, Asuka, etc. vs. & Dana, Mandy, Peyton, etc. Just make it so it I can actually give a damn about their characters to some degree at least. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Peck said:

This whole Shane thing is just the complete soggy shits. He's the heel I'm guessing? I feel no sympathy towards Braun for continually being called stupid. I have no idea why Shane would want to mentally fuck with one of his roster members just for fun. I have no desire to see any sort of match between these two. It's just a massive waste of my extremely valuable time.

A couple of weeks back, Meltzer thought the plan was to do Shane/Pearce at WrestleMania.  I don't have any interest in seeing that either, but it's not as nuts as Shane/Braun, which probably should end with Braun squashing Shane in eight seconds (but won't).

I'm kinda wondering if they aren't trying to build to a tag match.  Pearce/Braun vs, Shane/?.  If they go in that direction, I'll hazard a guess that X will be Carrion Cross.  Not many heels Braun's size on the roster.

I could get behind that.  I have no interest in seeing Braun, Shane, or Cross, so at least putting them all in the same program would cut down on the number of segments I have to fast-forward through.

Edited by Eoae

6 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

He should retain at this point.

Agreed but they have a predicament.  Roman and Lashley should both retain. The best option to me is have Sasha/Bianca go on last for Saturday night and have Sasha put her over. That gets them their Mania moment. 

• Like 2

• I'd be curious if they see Edge as a weekly wrestler for the next year or if he's going to just do spots/big events.
  • Edge doesn't really need a belt either way. I think he does a little more if he's going to be an every day character. If not, they can bring him in every few months for a big match against a Bryan or a Drew or Styles or whatever.
  • We have no idea how the crowd is going to react to anything.
  • They can have both heels go over but it's best to have some sort of hook. The most obvious one is Lashley beating Drew to end a night and then Brock coming out.
  • Like 2

They just threw Lana/Naomi vs the tag champs at us. No kind of announcement or anything. As soon as I saw Reginald, I knew what was up. I did like what we did get to see though. And Lana really died for our sins last night.