DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

The NBA will have a D-League team in Mexico City starting with the 2021-22 season.  Not clear if it will be affiliated yet but it'll be managed by the guy who managed the lakers D-League affiliate.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They fired Nate McMillan for this shit. I just can't get over that.

Meanwhile, there's McMillan moving right along, overachieving again.

I haven't popped in here too much because this season is stressing me out lol. With that said, I feel good about Dallas going into the playoffs. I also think we are better without Porzingis right now tbh.

Victor Oladipo is undergoing season ending surgery on his knee.  

The tendon is apparently not torn, but it's bad enough for him to be out for several months even after surgery.  

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Victor Oladipo is undergoing season ending surgery on his knee.  

The tendon is apparently not torn, but it's bad enough for him to be out for several months even after surgery.  

Best trade ever 

• Like 1

Sucks that the Celtics' season completely fell apart after Tatum's 60-point game against San Antonio.  No way we're going anywhere at all in the East without Jaylen Brown, and Walker has been gimpy all season.  They're really going to have to figure something out with him, because I can't see how his knee improves to any meaningful extent no matter what treatment he receives.  Though I think their biggest mistake has been how they hoarded all those draft picks and then turned them into virtually nothing - Pritchard and Grant Williams are the only guys the last couple of years who've made any difference with respect to the rotation, while they traded away the rights to guys like Matisse Thybulle.  It might have screwed with the chemistry somewhat to package some of those picks and Walker for someone more sturdy, but Smart/Brown/Tatum are the real core of the team anyway.  This sucks.

57 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I love this man.

2 minutes, 2 buckets, 2 techs. Assuming these are his last NBA minutes this is like Kobe dropping 60 in his last game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

At the C-Webb news, who is NBA twitter going to roast now? Oh yeah, every other NBA colour commentator (and Chris Jericho). Player Haters' Ball but in real life.

Edited by Jiji

Pop skipped today's game so he could attend Tim Duncan's HOF induction ceremony (He also was the driving force in getting Rudy T into the Hall)

Monty Williams said he would have done the same thing if it wasn't for the fact that the game still meant something for the Suns (in regards to the playoffs)

The Suns won by 37 so I think they would have been okay without Monty

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Is there more to this story? Webber is really good and this is odd timing. 

TNT didn't think he was connecting with the crowd (he's public enemy #1 on NBA twitter and they got a helluva shit list) in addition to his contract ending and them not having any interest in renewing and "maybe Webber didn't have interest" is what I remember from an article I read after googling. 

While I think NBA twitter loves to shit on everything, they're not way off on Webber imo. He's super corny and awkward. 

• Like 3

The 2021 HoF class is Paul Pierce, Chris Bosh, Ben Wallace, Chris Webber for men's players, Rick Adelman, Jay Wright, and Bill Russel for coaches, Yolanda Griffith and Lauren Jackson for women's players, and Toni Kukoc from the international committee.

I'd say all the players are pretty borderline HoFers but I have no real beef with any of them getting in.

• Like 1