DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

The two hottest teams in the league are the Knicks (won 9 straight) and the Wizards (won 8 straight)

I hope y'all have your affairs in order since clearly the world is ending

• Haha 1

Suns officially clinch a playoff spot thus ending their 10 season draught (2nd longest current streak in the NBA and tied for 5th all time)

Kings still have the longest streak - 14 and counting

Knicks now have the 2nd current longest drought at 7 years but that is pretty certain to end this year too

KPJ is the 4th youngest player to record a 50 point double double with assists (Yes that is quite the niche stat)

He is also the 4th player under 21 to score 50 in a game

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Cavs are signing Anderson Varejao for the rest of the season.

I assume this is a 'retire a Cav' thing because dude looked incredibly busted the last time I saw him.

I legit didn't realize he wasn't retired.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I legit didn't realize he wasn't retired.

I think he was that kind of Euro retired where you just go play in your home country til you're 45.

The Pacers beat OKC by... checks notes... 57!

It is the largest defeat for a home team in NBA history

Indiana at one point lead by 67 which was the largest lead in a game in the last 25 years

Did anyone mention Westbrook clinching another triple double season and becoming the first player to ever have multiple career 20 rebound/20 assists game (He and Wilt were already the only two players to do it once)

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

By all accounts - it appears that Indiana will be firing Nate Bjorkgren at some point soon

So firing the coach who consistently gets his rosters to overachieve, because you think you're medicore team should somehow he a contender isn't a winning idea?

Edited by Brian Fowler

The Indiana Pacers have suspended assistant coach Greg Foster for one game and fined center Goga Bitadze for their emotionally charged on-court exchange Wednesday night in a loss to the Sacramento Kings.

The Pacers announced the punishments Thursday but said no further details would be released on what they called "an internal team matter." Foster will serve the suspension Thursday night for the Pacers' home game against the Atlanta Hawks, sources told ESPN.

Foster and Bitadze have had a strong working relationship this season for the Pacers, and that's expected to continue despite the exchange in the third quarter of Wednesday's 104-93 loss. The Pacers have been in turmoil for weeks because of the frayed relationship between head coach Nate Bjorkgren and the players, staff and organization, sources said.

After a Kings dunk in the lane, Foster called on Bitadze to protect the rim better. Down the floor, Bitadze made a 3-pointer and turned toward the Pacers bench and told Foster to "Sit the f--- down," according to replay and confirmed by sources.

During the next timeout, Foster erupted toward Bitadze and had to be held back by staff and players.

Foster, a veteran of 13 years as a player and eight years as an assistant coach in the NBA, has worked closely with Bitadze, a second-year center, and the coach and player have been anxious to move past the incident, sources said.

The crux of the Pacers' issues has run much deeper this season, centered squarely on the first-year head coach's struggles to command respect within the locker room and the broader organization because of what sources have described as a volatile and abrasive style in his coaching and personal interactions. Bjorkgren's job is in peril at season's end, sources said.

The Pacers are 30-35 and holding on to ninth place -- which would put them in the Eastern Conference play-in tournament.