DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

Joel Embiid & Ben Simmons have been ruled out of tonight's All Star Game because of exposure to Covid.  

They apparently did not expose any other players at the game. 

I don't know if this goes to documentary or here but if you can catch the 4 part documentary on the Inside the NBA it is definitely recommended.   Talk about almost everything from the entire history including before Ernie Johnson got there.  

• Like 1

NY Post story

https://nypost.com/2021/03/09/how-leon-rose-rebuilt-the-knicks-an-inside-look/

About how the Knicks are kinda still a shit show and how Leon Rose has to try and make everyone happy

As Weitzman details, Rose has had to consider input from head coach Tom Thibodeau, who has little patience for a rebuild and wondered if RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson could be traded for “seasoned veterans”; from executive VP William Wesley – aka “World Wide Wes’ – who frequently zeroed in on players who attended the University of Kentucky or signed with CAA; and from cap expert Brock Aller, who advocated for a patient, flexible approach to using the team’s cap room.

The bolded (my emphasis) is my favorite

According to Weitzman, when conversations in the front office focused on players who had no connections to Kentucky or to CAA, Wesley would often close his eyes. “When Wes said ‘we,’ people weren’t sure if he was referring to the Knicks or Kentucky,” one source said of World Wide Wes, who has a long-standing friendship with Wildcats coach John Calipari.

• Haha 3

The Spurs and LaMarcus Aldridge have agreed that he (Aldridge) won't play for the Spurs again and that he will either be traded or they will agree to a buyout

6 hours ago, Zimbra said:

PJ Tucker doesn't want to be a Rocket anymore so they're going to try to trade him or else buy him out. This was probably a foregone conclusion since Harden left. 

Trade everyone but Wood, Tate and KPJ

Joel Embiid is out at least 2 weeks with a bone bruise in his knee

Anthony Davis will be out at least 2 more weeks

Eric Gordon will be out 4-6 weeks with a groin strain

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

And somehow Minnesota still has a worse record in the West.

Well remember the Rockets were on a 6 game win streak and in playoff contention when Wood got hurt and we pretty much lost every game since then.

But he might be back tomorrow!

The Heat and Thunder are finalizing a trade that will send Trevor Ariza to Miami in exchange for Meyers Leonard and a 2027 second-round pick, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN (Twitter link).

As Wojnarowski notes, Leonard’s contract gives him the option of vetoing a trade, but he’s expected to sign off on the deal. The veteran center likely won’t ever play for Oklahoma City, but he’d probably remain on the roster through the deadline in case he can be used in another deal, tweets Joe Mussatto of The Oklahoman.

• Like 1

Does this mean DiVincenzo is going to be playing (more) point guard? Is this good? How bad has Tucker been this year and how likely will he be able to recapture his past form? 

Edit: as much as I want the Bucks to win, I haven't actually watched much of them this year and it seems every time I do it's a blowout except for that game against the Grizzlies a couple weeks back.

Edited by Jiji