DVDVR Message Board

UFC 259: Błachowicz vs. Adesanya (3/6/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Honest of them to admit it was a non-event nothing match. Not sure what they are going to do with Nunes, she's right now clearly heads above everyone else.

You have to run the Schevchenko rematch if she fucks up Andrade like I think she will. That's it. Nothing else.

• Like 2

Just now, Kevin Wilson said:

Honest of them to admit it was a non-event nothing match. Not sure what they are going to do with Nunes, she's right now clearly heads above everyone else.

Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko III.

• Like 1

Just now, Setsuna said:

Khabib?  GSP?

GSP lost to Serra at UFC 69. Khabib I can see unless he just decides to randomly move up in weight against a guy who is so much bigger than him.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

GSP lost to Serra at UFC 69. Khabib I can see unless he just decides to randomly move up in weight against a guy who is so much bigger than him.

I think I lost track of what we were discussing. I thought it was 'retire as champion'.

Doesn't matter because I'm hyped for this next one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

They have to start booking Nunes in gauntlet matches or something. 

The funny thing is I felt that watching the Claressa Shields fight last night. And Shields has been whooping on chicks since she was in high school. 

It's crazy that unless it's the lower weight class (in boxing, 130-135 and below and MMA 125 and below), the disparity between the tippity top of the divisions and the rest is insane. It makes me believe the optimum weight for female fighters in combat sports is around 130 pounds. Once you get over that, it's slim pickings.

(But Kevin Randleman).

The only thing that isn't so bad should Blachowicz win, I don't have to hear "champ champ" for a while longer. And with it sounding like they could possibly just shutter the 145 lbs women's division, maybe not for a very long time.

2 minutes ago, Setsuna said:

This fight has not been great to watch. I don't know what I expected but I guess I should not be surprised. 

Anyway, Happy Birthday @The Natural! Hope you can get some sleep in after this. 

Cheers, @Setsuna. Appreciate the Happy Birthday wishes and hoping I get some sleep. Need it. Energy exhausted.