DVDVR Message Board

UFC 259: Błachowicz vs. Adesanya (3/6/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

Yeah, I was thinking about going to B Dubs after work to catch the main card, but the live blog of Rakic/Santos is the most boring thing I've ever read.  I may just head home, get some sleep, and watch a replay tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

If you watched the fight a couple years ago he had with Jan Blachowicz up until the finish, it's not all that surprising to see Marreta that passive. I think he still has the same explosion after his knee injuries so I have to disagree with Rogan about that, but unless he's in there with someone he can overwhelm, he's going to pick and choose his spots. Unfortunately, Rakic was willing to fight that same exact way. I thought he (Rakic) had a decided speed advantage through the first six or seven minutes. Why he didn't exploit that...I dunno. I don't get going to the clinch when Marreta isn't landing anything substantial on top of being the slower fighter.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I was thinking about going to B Dubs after work to catch the main card, but the live blog of Rakic/Santos is the most boring thing I've ever read.  I may just head home, get some sleep, and watch a replay tomorrow morning.

Shite fight made worse at 03:43am Sunday morning UK time!

Least we've the three title fights to come.

Commentators slagging off a fighter for not being aggressive enough in the third round, when said fighter won the first two rounds clearly... Dumb, man.

So if Cormier is doing this show, that pretty much means he's not signing for AEW tomorrow, right?

• Sad 1

Watching the Yan/Sterling video package reminds me again how bad the late referee stoppage was to Yan/Aldo. Referee should have stopped it sooner or Aldo's corner. Vaguely remember how pissed Bisping was by it on commentary.

The thing with Makhachev was he's been in the UFC for awhile really hadn't strung together back-to-back impressive wins (at least over name opponents). With this dominating win over a really underrated guy in Drew Dober, he got himself into the mix. 

Should absolutely get the belt. I think it's silly that Rogan is even debating this. If you're the champ you can't throw illegal knees like that and keep your belt.