DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/3/2021

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, El Gran Gordi said:

It sure is! Would DDP be a disappointment to anyone?

We already got him working a match there and he's clearly in the fold, so he wouldn't be much of a surprise. Plus he's in his mid-60s, so who knows how well his ribs would hold up to more wrestling. 

16 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

We already got him working a match there and he's clearly in the fold, so he wouldn't be much of a surprise. Plus he's in his mid-60s, so who knows how well his ribs would hold up to more wrestling. 

And Page's ribs heal about as quickly as Bob Orton's arm lol

I know the thread is all wild speculation now, but just caught up on the show. Thought it was fun and most of my thoughts have already been covered. One thing I didn’t see mentioned is how stupid the Bucks curtain jerker line to Jericho was. One of your top stars would be opening your competitions C show if you hadn’t started a company, well done building up your challengers and making you company look big time. They really are dreadful as babyface characters.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

He said that was it for sure as he ended it on a high note. Love him though. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

My list of guys I'd prefer to Kurt Angle just keeps getting longer!

Maybe you could do like me and watch the seemingly endless Perc Angle music videos on YouTube to rekindle your appreciation for Kurt. I know it's not 2005/06 any more but still, that shit gets me hyped.

15 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Maybe you could do like me and watch the seemingly endless Perc Angle music videos on YouTube to rekindle your appreciation for Kurt. I know it's not 2005/06 any more but still, that shit gets me hyped.

Ok those are pretty good. And reminded me of that time Kurt went for a 450 on Sting but came up short and turned it into a knee drop. Poor Stinger. 

• Like 1

Angle had a Twitter post quite some time ago where he was training and looked way better than he did on WWE TV last, so if it's him, I'm going to reserve all judgment until I see him wrestle. He said the arthritis issues were from inactivity, so maybe it'll be a short but consistently weekly run

Multi-year deal though. He's a top 10 character worker for me though, so I'm fine if it's a brief in-ring run followed by being a personality or even a manager.

And that Ronda Mania tag match was incredible, overdelivered like the Shaq match.

8 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

All things being what they are, I vastly preferred his match against Fatu over anything in Angle's last run. But to each their own. 

Not that anyone actually thinks it's gonna be LA Park. 

I have no excuse as to why but I have never seen this latest Fatu.
I am also one that prefers Park every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Angle had all the tools and was a HOFer...eventually.  I think he was a WON HOFer way back in 2004.  He is wrestling’s Yao Ming.  They were never as good as their reputation called for.  Potential, time lost to injury and popularity seemed just as important criteria as their actual career “output”would obviously be.

Maybe AJ Styles had an out clause or perhaps Sami Zayn jingled his keys and...I’m sorry for those fruitless stabs in the dark.

Are we all sure they mean specifically the wWE HOF-worthy talent?  If Coach Tony K was one of us he probably means the WON HOF.  Not that the WON HOF was something we revered as wrestling’s true HOF either. It’s just open to all wrestling.  The WWE HOF really overachieved with some of their choices.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

What is Cesaro's contract situation? I honestly have no clue, but if there's one guy who I'd like to see get an ace run in a national promotion while he still has something left in the tank...

Just re-signed.

Some of these picks are getting wild. And I say that as someone who started from a position of “thirsty for John Cena.”