DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/3/2021

Dolfan in NYC

So, if we're REALLY overstating the HoF thing, then I could see Aleister Black be signed, but he hasn't done anything HoF worthy yet.

Couldn't be Akiyama because he's champ, old as fuck, and no one would know him except for us. BUT...but...Akiyama vs Kingston!

The coolest, WTF, holy shit signing that wouldn't make sense is CM Punk.

The coolest, WTF, holy shit signing that would make sense is Daniel Cormier.

Angle is probably the likeliest though, but I'm going to hold out hope for DC.

• Like 2

On one hand, I don't think it's CM Punk.

On the other hand, I think Punk would be the best possible answer to disappoint the fewest people and potentially have the most to give the company.

• Like 4

Trying to find wrestler's contract statuses online is confusing, like multiple sites say Kota Ibushi's contract was up last month - and others say he signed a "lifetime" contract a couple years back. Sami Zayn is supposedly free later this year but not at the moment. Truly, there doesn't seem to be a hell of a lot of options for this big huge large signing that aren't older dudes like Angle. 

What the hell is Andrade's status? 

• Like 1

I’m guessing Tessa Blanchard

Just catching up on Dynamite. Jade Cargill is really great, I mean, I don’t want to see her have 10 minute matches every week, but her character and look is outstanding.

Im also happy to continue to see Shaq as Zeus 2021

• Like 1

13 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

If that were the only criterion, you know who would be in the running?

Donald Trump.

Now *that* would be a huge surprise.

I doubt he's one of Tony K's favourite wrestlers, though.

If we can guarantee a double table bump, possibly from the top of the arena, possibly into a non gimmicked tank of piranhas, I'd be down with that signing.

5 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Sami Zayn is supposedly free later this year but not at the moment.

So hire someone of similar size and build and have him work as El Generico for a few months, then hire Sami when his contract is up and have Sami work under the hood for a bit, then unmask.  ?

As far as CM Punk goes, is there a way to check on the licensing status of Cult of Personality?

• Haha 3

I imagine Proud and Powerful and Lucha Bros' songs were written by the AEW music guy during a Jack Torrence style psychotic break.  I imagine TK as Shelley Duvall in this situation, spying on the lyrics sheet and looking on in horror as it's just page after page of

If I wasn't proud, then I wouldn't be powerful

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

What the hell is Andrade's status? 

Fishing trips with his wife and In-laws while he gets paid to sit in catering on Mondays.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Fishing trips with his wife and In-laws while he gets paid to sit in catering on Mondays.

Good for him but seriously, yet another perfect example of WWE taking a dude who could be license to print money and just squander it. Ultra-talented, extremely good looking, appeals to the Latinx audience, AND married into a wrestling royal family? Creative has nothing for THAT GUY?!?!

37 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

As far as CM Punk goes, is there a way to check on the licensing status of Cult of Personality?

You think Tony wouldn't license "Miseria Cantare" instead? You think he'd deprive us of Austin Gunn banging on the guardrail like the only white kid on the JV team completely fucking up the beat to "Grindin'" on his gym locker?

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

Charlotte has to catch the most fish.  She might even indulge her inner Arthur Morgan or Sadie Adler and just get in there to grab the fish herself.  She won’t even put over the rod, the reel or the bait in their home world!

I don’t even know what this means but I always appreciate a RDR2 reference. Just last week I was mentioning The Butcher’s resemblance to Mr. Pearson.     On the “real life RDR2 references” tip, my doctor listed one of my back pain symptoms as “lumbago” and I lost my shit.  Just call me Uncle.

• Like 1