DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/3/2021

Dolfan in NYC

You can direct your Jade Cargill apologies to:

Elsalvajeloco

c/o Chilling at Your Mama's House Incorporated

211 Pine Street

Bucksnort, TN 37140

or just Cashapp me 250 bucks. Whatever works best for you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Very much a tale of two halves tonight for me.

I'm with you on this. The lower card stuff just doesn't do it for me. Overall it was an entertaining show though. 

Onita and JJ was fuckin' awesome. Mizunami doing mime wasn't. 

3 minutes ago, MrKothoga said:

And most importantly: the adampagewrestling.com website featured in Hangman’s chyron just redirects you to a two hours long video of wild horses in nature with relaxing guitar music on Youtube.

I had quite the hearty laugh when going there. An occasional interactive chyron works quite well for me. 

And while the second half wasn't as good the first was more than enough to make this one helluva go-home episode. Y'all saw it and know what ruled. I'm just smiling thinking how fortunate I am to see a national company have such awesome shit on TV.

• Like 5

I never really gave a shit about JJ Dillon when I was younger to be honest, but I did see a shoot interview of his a few years ago and he seems like a genuinely nice, normal person from an era when almost everyone in wrestling was on the verge of being in a prison lunchroom fight. A guy who really loved wrestling and was thankful of all it did for his life, so actually I am very on board with "seeing JJ again was very cool".

• Like 5

Oh and not to excuse the tale of two halves but intentional or not I was getting SNME vibes with the show pacing. Big stuff to start and some good shit for those that stick around. I'm very sure it was unintentional but I didn't mind either way for this particular episode. 

• Like 7

Also I don't know if Shaq was told to or not but the Brodie Lee tribute on the powerbomb was a great touch

I am still not tired of seeing -1 do his thing.  His reaction watching the end was great from the back was cool

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 8

Cody/Red v. Shaq/Jade was awesome! Absolutely delivered beyond expectations, loved it. Marked out for the table bump and I thought Jade looked fantastic for her first ever match, great stuff.  And then Shaq vanished from the ambulance! Loved seeing Tully in the ring, marked out again for JJ Dillon being involved, what an awesome extra touch. Nice little Arn appearance for the Horsemen formation to add to it. Just an amazing nonstop first hour, didn't even mind coming down a bit for the second hour. Can't wait to see what else can follow up with the announcement from Paul Wight. Ryo/Nyla was good, Caster/10 solid, and a fun main event/post-match chaos. Revolution is stacked, very much looking forward to all of it. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Also I don't know if Shaq was told to or not but the Brodie Lee tribute on the powerbomb was a great touch

I am still not tired of seeing -1 do his thing.  His reaction watching the end was great from the back was cool

Nicely done!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Oh and not to excuse the tale of two halves but intentional or not I was getting SNME vibes with the show pacing. Big stuff to start and some good shit for those that stick around. I'm very sure it was unintentional but I didn't mind either way for this particular episode. 

If it wasn't for the sake of ratings, I'm surprised more people don't frontload the show. SNME (especially in the first couple years in 85 and 86 when it was skit and theme heavy) would have all the big stars within the first 35-40 minutes. About the back third of the show would be interviews based on whatever happened in the key matches early on and then end with a two minute Ricky Steamboat vs. Mr. Fuji "KARATE" match or Greg "The Hammer" Valentine squashing Koko B. Ware. You probably would still be interested in the interviews, but you're not exactly missing Macho Man turning babyface or the birth of the Megapowers if you went to bed halfway through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2