DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/3/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I am almost dreading tonight’s card and whatever show they surround the card with.  

I think that the worst case scenario is a Shaq injury, yes?  I am so glad it is starting the show.  I guess Cody could severely injure his already severe injury in his shoulder.  That could be worse than a Shaq injury.  I am perplexed by the booking in the feud.  It is quite possible they have done EVERYTHING wrong in building this feud.  Why couldn’t they see how nobody looks good in this match.  Red Velvet was given a win...on Dark last night.  Her role would have been the easiest to book.  Part of this is, of course, Cody’s fault.  Blame the birds and the bees for this one.

They have been saying that Tully hasn’t worked since 1989.  Didn’t he work with The Franchise in ECW?  I want to say they did or were planning to do a sixty minute draw...in 1995?  

The women’s final is one of the worst outcomes that I would have guessed they could book.  Nyla hasn’t look d good in the ring unless she was in with Riho.  The feud with Shanna(?) with the tables match was probably the most interesting to me. 

Has the Dark Order vs Hardy Party match change been explained yet?  The change from a six man to regular four person tag will still be fine...probably even good.  The trios match had a lot more potential to be memorable.  Perfunctory is perfectly fine.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

They have been saying that Tully hasn’t worked since 1989.  Didn’t he work with The Franchise in ECW?  I want to say they did or were planning to do a sixty minute draw...in 1995?  

He worked sporadically till 2007. On the "Road to" video, they're careful about saying its the first time since 1989 on a national scale. 

11 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

He worked sporadically till 2007. On the "Road to" video, they're careful about saying its the first time since 1989 on a national scale. 

I am guessing they mean as an active roster member cause he worked against Terry Funk at Slamboree 1994. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This show had Shaq taking a better table bump than most real workers (in a match that was honestly way better than it had any right to be), Atsushi motherfucking Onita telling THE KIDS about the dangers of being in DEATHMATCHES, and Tully Blanchard kneeing the fuck out of a midget all in the first hour.

Second hour had some real fucking bad Japanese indie comedy and that shitty rapper Tony Khan thinks is good, but still, that first hour man. As far as the main event goes Matt Hardy looks pretty done, to be honest.

Very much a tale of two halves tonight for me.

• Like 2

The Shaq match was basically two separate matches glued together—a solid Dark match between developmental-level talents and a fun, goofy celebrity match.  The two halves weren’t very cohesive, but both seemed pretty effective at what they were tying to do.  Jade looked like a star and seemed pretty competent in the ring.  Nice spinebuster.  Shaq did not embarrass himself.  Hats off to him for taking that table bump.  He definitely didn’t half-ass this like some people thought he would.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

Scorpio Sky must be turning.  Either that or he is just always terrible doing guest commentary on Tuesdays and We’dnesdays,

He was dreadful. But the desperation to be seen and heard on TV was so overwhelming that I was into it. That was something. 

Jade and especially Red Velvet had great looking gear, but they really need to work on their skills of putting tables up. Other than that, Jade and Red both looked good I thought. All in all, considering I was watching one woman having her first real match ever, one woman having her first match on a national stage and f’n Shaquille O’Neal – this was quite good.

Pac is back. Awesome. MJF and his blue bubble gum. Great. Onita on Dynamite. Hilarious. Inner Circle press conference was fine but uninspired. FTR vs. Jurassic Express was good and I liked the old school antics by Tully and Dillon. Nice that this new faction already has their obligatory fall guy in Spears. Add FTR & Spears to the ever-growing list of Trios in AEW. The Giant looked slim like never before and seemingly Tony Khan just can’t stop hiring new wrestlers. But I’ll be very happy to see hall of famer Syxx finally return to TNT. Shida and Mizunami happily and friendly clobbering each other made me smile. A West Texas Rednecks shoutout in 2021! Scorpio sounded suspiciously/offputtingly heelish on commentary. I like Hardy just paying dudes to do his dirty deeds and I think this heel turn really worked out for Matt although he should be doing less and less matches and be more of a manager. All the tag teams brawling at the end of show felt kinda lame.

And as always. Here comes Stiiing. And he’s talking - and there’s Ta… oh, Ricky is doing the interrupting this time. Well, that’s something. Ah, there’s Taz and the rest. And Darby’s here too. Fantastic. And cut to commercials. Awesome. This is the greatest feud I have seen in my life… can't wait to see all of them go onto new adventures.

-

And most importantly: the adampagewrestling.com website featured in Hangman’s chyron just redirects you to a two hours long video of wild horses in nature with relaxing guitar music on Youtube.

Edited by MrKothoga
  • Like 5

That Shaq/Cody table bump!

That match not stinking out the joint!

Onita giving his blessing!

Yeah, @Death From Above fuck Barstool! 

JJ Dillon!! 

FTR in Tully-inspired gear!

Stunt eating a slingshot suplex!

No More BS!

Ryo looking like a beast tossing Nyla around!

Shida and Ryo trading stiff elbows!

The West Texas Rednecks were right ?

Negative 1 marking out on the stage during the Pier 6 brawl!

• Like 5