DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Almighty - 3/1/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I'd like to see MVP hold the WWE Championship before he calls it a day even if it's for 24 hours or a week. I thought he was going to after holding both the WWE United States Championship and WWE Tag Team Championship with Matt Hardy.

Kind of paid Drew/Sheamus little attention due to eating and other things taking my attention away. It went long and sounded good so I may give a rewatch at some point.

Nia/Naomi was ok while it lasted. 

Charlotte/Shayna was ok as well. With Asuka out feels like they are meandering a bit with the women. Hopefully Rhea has decent direction when she finally debuts.

Not sure what they are planning with Braun. Feels liek maybe him vs. Shane or Pearce, neither of which interests me in the slightest.

The Miz trying to avoid Lashley all night both amused me and had me constantly worried they wouldn't follow through. So damn happy with how it played out overall. Lashley earned the belt with the work he did in the Hurt Business the past year. It awesome to see the Hurt Business reign supreme with so much gold on them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

In the year of our lord 2021, the WWE Championship changes hands with a full Nelson. And it was ALMIGHTY!

The Warlord is vindicated at last

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As stated by man, Lashley has been the best thing on Raw for a while now and this (and the likely Mania title match) are very well deserved.

I want to look at something different, that being what the heck was Ali even going for at the end of his match with Riddle. I'd have guessed an avalanche backstabber but if so he overjumped by a good couple feet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, username said:

I want to look at something different, that being what the heck was Ali even going for at the end of his match with Riddle. I'd have guessed an avalanche backstabber but if so he overjumped by a good couple feet.

I was wondering the same thing. At first I thought he was going for a reverse rana then tried to turn it into an avalanche backstabber instead? It was an odd botch, whatever it was. Aside from that, the two of them had good chemistry and I'd like to see a longer match.

Drew/Sheamus had a ppv quality match which was surprising considering I figured they'd have a #1 contender's match at Fastlane.

55 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Billy Jack Haynes and Hercules are vindicated too.

By that token, so is Ken Patera, but just like with Haynes, I'm not sure if one would want to vindicate them for anything?

This aside, it is wonderful to read that something that has been this well received has actually happened on RAW.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

By that token, so is Ken Patera, but just like with Haynes, I'm not sure if one would want to vindicate them for anything?

This aside, it is wonderful to read that something that has been this well received has actually happened on RAW.

I mean, Ken Patera is probably the best wrestler ever to use the Full Nelson as a finisher, so I’ve got no problem vindicating him.

Edited by The Man Known as Dan

I actually missed the match, I fell asleep when Charlotte came out. 

Bobby is the right choice at the right time. Excited for him vs McIntrye, their title match last year was marred by a awful ending. They could have a show stealer at Mania. 

• Like 1