DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2021

Casey

Peter and Bononi could well be my AEW bottom boys. I'd never heard their music before the tag battle royal last night. I already loved Peter tapping several weeks ago to avoid getting punched in the face and thus ruining his good looks. The ironic bit was it was against Dashing Cody Rhodes. Bear Country are who I want to see go far and succeed, but you've gotta have your boy stable too.

EDIT: I just realized that ironic enjoyment of things in this company creates actual pushes. DON'T RUIN IT FOR US

Edited by Sex Machine Gun

To build to the tag title match? I hope Pac and Fenix win the belts. There's a lot of good, new matches out there with them as Champs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Jesus, they couldn't find a better pic of him than that?  It looks like he just woke up to take a mugshot for the sex offender database.

Even worse that picture makes him look like he's related to Jimmy Havoc.  Which oddly further adds to your point.

• Haha 2

AEW Dark airs at 7pm ET on YouTube tonight. The following matches have been announced:

* Diamante vs. Savannah Thorne

* Abadon vs. Katalina Perez

* Kip Sabian vs. Carlie Bravo

* QT Marshall vs. Fuego del Sol

* Lee Johnson vs. Baron Black

* Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Angel Fashion

* Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss vs. Santana and Ortiz

* The Varsity Blondes vs. Ryzin and Cameron Stewart

* SCU vs. Azriel and Danny Limelight

* The Dark Order vs Vary Morales, Jon Cruz, D3, and Aaron Frye

* Peter Avalon, Cezar Bononi and Ryan Nemeth vs. Aaron Solow, Brick Aldridge, and Dean Alexander

• Like 4

Between Wandavision finale on Friday then Revolutions "HoF worthy" surprise, ? its been quite a ride hasn't it?

Fans raising expectations in their minds greater than what is actually delivered, that's one thing. But twice in the same weekend by different fan favorite companies? ?? 

Yet to see the ppv, my cousin taped it and im going there this weekend to catch up.

1)Will AEW still have any goodwill with the fans when they promise another major announcement/signing? I guess it depends on what they put on tomorrow, no shit Sherlock you're probably thinking.. Ignore and move on? Apologize?

2) If they double down on gimmick matches for the next ppv do you think they'll pretape in advance or let it play out live? I'd hope they pretape next time if they're going to continue with gimmick matches. Between the Hardy/Guevara match and the Gillberg fireworks they lay want to fallback on cinematic matches seeing how favorabfavorably they seem to be received..

Some one expressed it perfectly, they've got enough solid talent on hand, just let them wrestle

Unfortunately this is only a two party system.  AEW probably feels like they need to keep up with WWE signing practices or else they might not have any talent left to sign.  Wrestlers will still feel the the urge to go to New York.  AEW isn’t the promotion workers grew up watching.  They need to look the other way, figuratively speaking.  Big goofy project wrestlers are not their future. 

Alright it’s Nick Comoroto on Dark!  D’oh, he isn’t wrestling?

Thank you ?

Now c'mon, picture it. That giant countdown timer onscreen... the crowd breathless with anticipation as it ticks closer to zero

Then we get some pops and the Sizzler birthday sparklers and out comes the real HOF worthy signing  making his long awaited debut 

Apologies to Cabana but the real Boom Boom is now in the building and business is about to pick up on the greatest night in the history of our sport ? 

You establish his entrance with the Y2J like timer and the sparklers, and suddenly the hottest free agent in combat entertainment is ready to take the industry by storm

/S lmao ? 

Busaneticos Shadow over and out 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

You  establish his entrance with the Y2J like timer 

Oof. Now that is how you manage a countdown clock & debut. Pyro blast for that was infinitely bigger than Sunday night too.

EDIT: Saw the Christian vid posted in the Revolution thread. He noted a "long haul .. multi year deal". So now we have Jericho, Big Show, Christian & Sting all on long contracts well into their 50s/60s, plus the assortment of even older manager-legends. By comparison, Hogan/Savage/Piper et al (who seemed done by the end of their run and in some cases were) were between mid-40s to around 48 at the close of WCW .. so younger than all these guys at the close. These long contracts they're doling out could prove .. interesting.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, A_K said:

Oof. Now that is how you manage a countdown clock & debut. Pyro blast for that was infinitely bigger than Sunday night too.

EDIT: Saw the Christian vid posted in the Revolution thread. He noted a "long haul .. multi year deal". So now we have Jericho, Big Show, Christian & Sting all on long contracts well into their 50s/60s, plus the assortment of even older manager-legends. By comparison, Hogan/Savage/Piper et al (who seemed done by the end of their run and in some cases were) were between mid-40s to around 48 at the close of WCW .. so younger than all these guys at the close. These long contracts they're doling out could prove .. interesting.

Actually, Christian is 47 and Wight is 49. Not young, but well into their 50s/60s.

6 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Actually, Christian is 47 and Wight is 49. Not young, but well into their 50s/60s.

I thought he meant that they'd be well into their 50's by the time their "long-term" contracts ended (Sting's already in his 60's, of course).  Which is likely going to be true, if they do indeed have multi-year contracts.

• Like 1

I wonder if this is the calibre of matches that will be sustained on the show or if it's like the early big name appearances on Dark when it first started. This is the kind of matches they absolutely should be booking for this show whereas Dark should be more straightforward squashes with maybe the odd competitive match between lower card wrestlers. Elevation should also give the name women some more ring time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

I thought he meant that they'd be well into their 50's by the time their "long-term" contracts ended (Sting's already in his 60's, of course).  Which is likely going to be true, if they do indeed have multi-year contracts.

Yup correct.

I guess they can rerun New Blood/Millionaire’s Club storyline.

Edited by A_K

43 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I wonder if this is the calibre of matches that will be sustained on the show or if it's like the early big name appearances on Dark when it first started. This is the kind of matches they absolutely should be booking for this show whereas Dark should be more straightforward squashes with maybe the odd competitive match between lower card wrestlers. Elevation should also give the name women some more ring time. 

I think in the post-match scrum Wright mentioned that they're not going to start with anything that won't be consistent to what the show's going to be.  And I see what he's saying considering when Superstars came back for example Undertaker was on there and that was about it.  So it should be stuff like this which I'm all for watching.

11 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I think in the post-match scrum Wright mentioned that they're not going to start with anything that won't be consistent to what the show's going to be.  And I see what he's saying considering when Superstars came back for example Undertaker was on there and that was about it.  So it should be stuff like this which I'm all for watching.

xFG5H5.gif

That's good news. I will definitely watch it if they keep to their word. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

When is Dark normally taped? The commentators joked about wearing the same clothes they were on the PPV so I guess it was taped beforehand?

AFAIK it's usually taped after Dynamite. 

• Like 1