DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2021

Casey

Just now, A_K said:

Rise of Skywalker a superior piece to Rogue One? Hmm. Good to see my impressions of the man were not unfounded.

Right?  I don't care about how sausage is made and I don't care how Rogue One was saved in the editing room.  It's a really good movie.  I'd rank probably 6th (behind the originals and two of the sequels, not telling anyone the order).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Right?  I don't care about how sausage is made and I don't care how Rogue One was saved in the editing room.  It's a really good movie.  I'd rank probably 6th (behind the originals and two of the sequels, not telling anyone the order).

Rise of Skywalker, right? ;p.

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2021 at 5:52 PM, colonial said:

Looks like the premiere of Dark: Elevation will be just like original recipe AEW Dark. 13 matches.

This line up looks like more Dark to me. Not sure what the difference is supposed to be but this card doesn't highlight it, whatever it is. Unless Dark is going to be changed to make either more or even less important.

1 minute ago, Goodear said:

This line up looks like more Dark to me. Not sure what the difference is supposed to be but this card doesn't highlight it, whatever it is. Unless Dark is going to be changed to make either more or even less important.

They had said a couple of weeks ago that there would be more promo packages about the talent featured, so hopefully that will work better than Excalibur reciting a few random facts at the start of matches.

Promo packages are great but with 13 matches we're either going to get really short matches or promo packages.  I'm cautiously optimistic about Elevation but one of the two shows has to trim down the amount matches big time.  I'd be fine with 7 matches for each show as it'll be the same amount to tape without adding to further burnout.

• Like 1

When they announced the first 5 or so matches I thought that was the show, and they seemed like they could be more storyline driven and it was implied it would be a tighter more focused show. Then they dumped a ton more matches that are no different from a typical week of dark. I guess we shall find out shortly. 

Edit: my friend gave a translation for when Maki stormed off on bte. Basically “you are the worst ever” “shitty dancers” “I want to kill you”

Edited by matt925
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Promo packages are great but with 13 matches we're either going to get really short matches or promo packages.  I'm cautiously optimistic about Elevation but one of the two shows has to trim down the amount matches big time.  I'd be fine with 7 matches for each show as it'll be the same amount to tape without adding to further burnout.

I hear you and totally agree. I have to wonder out loud if this additional show is less about putting on a program people enjoy, and more about just giving more people weekly work to improve. I'm with you throwing so many matches out there doesn't make me want to sit down and watch. But I think the idea is actually just give more people on the roster more work, knock off ring rust, try and learn and grow. Can't do any of that in catering or filming BTE spots. So I'd expect there to be 25ish matches a week between the two Dark shows without much distinction or identity, other than the commentary teams.

• Like 3

I don't even understand how they're supposed to vaguely monetise Elevation, not least cover salaries of premium talent such as Paul Wight. Most recent edition of Dark scored c. 380k YT views. That can't be nearly enough to cover production/infrastructure costs, let alone talent? I don't really understand the upside of twice the Youtube show - someone correct my logic.

Edited by A_K