DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2021

Casey

41 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Also, if WWE weren't a publicly traded company, then I'd bet Vince would be all over Twitter. 

I don't know how much of that can be attributed to the fact that they are a publicly traded company, and how much is the fact that he is a blind old geezer with no grasp on reality. Either way we are all the better for it.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Some Vince petty shit that springs to mind

that "match" on Raw between "Rosey O'Donnell" and "Donald Trump" back in 2006 or 07. 

so petty, so stupid, and so childish. Literally the last Raw i ever watched.

• Like 1

Vince is and always was a maniacal-capitalist, but yeah he's not getting into the weeds with some random sub-1k Twitter troll account or whatever equivalent there was in his heyday. He'd have knee-capped you if its good for business .. but he was big-picture-minded enough to know who was worth his time antagonising & this kind of thing ain't it. Getting into this argument a couple of days after the lowest-low of the company's time to date .. probs not the best use of time? But whatever, hardly matters.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Also, if WWE weren't a publicly traded company, then I'd bet Vince would be all over Twitter. 

He'd be the heel version of William Shatner's account, just absolutely spamming into the ground and gossiping like a 12 year old. The dogshit worst.

30 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

He'd be the heel version of William Shatner's account, just absolutely spamming into the ground and gossiping like a 12 year old. The dogshit worst.

I was thinking something similar to Curt Schilling.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

I imagine those old transcripts from Vince on AOL Chat in 1998 being Vince on Twitter/social media 

How have I not heard of this before?! It's everything I'd want and more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Vince McMahon has certainly committed very personal and petty acts in his career. He fired Jeff Jarrett on Raw, and he fired CM Punk on his wedding day. But yeah, he does avoid Twitter pissing contests, so there's that I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

But yeah, he does avoid Twitter pissing contests, so there's that I guess.

Happy Birthday, Shane McMahon.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

As for the whole Girl on Cinema/AEW Revolution thing, sometime back, Matt Jackson tweeted, "Your AEW GIFs are safe. Please keep making 'em." That tweet has since been deleted; Source:

YouTube clips don't necessarily count. Also, there are limits to fair use as well as far as using whole clips. I haven't watched this person's videos, but are they transformative enough? 

Now, I do think AEW handled the whole explosion thing badly, and if they were issuing DMCA takedowns on gifs after they said they wouldn't do that...that's lame. But at the same time, AEW was trying to present itself as the IWC-friendly promotion at first that wasn't going to be doing that type of stuff. It was bound to change at some point. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

YouTube clips don't necessarily count. Also, there are limits to fair use as well as far as using whole clips. I haven't watched this person's videos, but are they transformative enough? 

Now, I do think AEW handled the whole explosion thing badly, and if they were issuing DMCA takedowns on gifs after they said they wouldn't do that...that's lame. But at the same time, AEW was trying to present itself as the IWC-friendly promotion at first that wasn't going to be doing that type of stuff. It was bound to change at some point. 

Have they taken down anything recently other than stuff from the explosion match?  I'm honestly asking because I can see them trying to save face by doing that.  Not saying that's a good thing to do but more trying to understand their thought process.

16 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I don't know how much of that can be attributed to the fact that they are a publicly traded company, and how much is the fact that he is a blind old geezer with no grasp on reality. Either way we are all the better for it.

Yeah, last thing we need is some crazy old person using Twitter as a platform to spout out insane things. Be glad that NEVER happened. We all dodged a giant bullet there!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

As for the whole Girl on Cinema/AEW Revolution thing, sometime back, Matt Jackson tweeted, "Your AEW GIFs are safe. Please keep making 'em." That tweet has since been deleted; Source:

From the looking around I did, she wasn't posting clips, she was posting whole shows or long segments, pausing them to avoid strikes or takedowns, then she would talk shit, then she would resume video. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

If you just post stuff to shit on AEW I am more than happy if they take that down. 

I fundamentally disagree with this stance. If I post the AEW PPV in full while providing my own commentary track, it really shouldn't matter what my opinions are. It's not the nature of the opinions that matter but the fact that I posted their entire intellectual property and didn't alter it in a substantively transformative way.  If I take 15 second clips of the show and insert large portions of myself talking on camera, it does transform the content. It shouldn't really matter how much I like the product or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Have they taken down anything recently other than stuff from the explosion match?  I'm honestly asking because I can see them trying to save face by doing that.  Not saying that's a good thing to do but more trying to understand their thought process.

The one tweet I saw about it said it was only for the goofy explosion. Other than that, not sure.

• Thanks 1

It looks like MLW did the same this to Girl On Cinema. So I guess it's not all Tony Khan's fault?

EDIT. HOLY FUCK. I just pulled up a Girl on Cinema YouTube clip and HER VOICE IS LIKE NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD. Seriously. How could anyone want to listen to more than 30 seconds of her? My godddamn ears are bleeding lol

Edited by Infinit
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Infinit said:

It looks like MLW did the same this to Girl On Cinema. So I guess it's not all Tony Khan's fault?

EDIT. HOLY FUCK. I just pulled up a Girl on Cinema YouTube clip and HER VOICE IS LIKE NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD. Seriously. How could anyone want to listen to more than 30 seconds of her? My godddamn ears are bleeding lol

Yeah...she's something else.

Editing to add that she's a piece of shit. She complains about fucking everything about AEW. She complained about -1 being on TV. She also said it's cringey for Aubrey to wear the RIP Brodie arm band. She seems to have a weird problem with Aubrey in general.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

It seems like she's trying to run a Jim Cornette gimmick, without having the industry cred (for better or worst) of being Jim Cornette. I guess that's why she has about 1k Twitter followers and 4k YouTube followers...doesn't seem like many people are buying her shtick. This controversy is probably the most exposure she's ever going to get lol

• Like 1