DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2021

Casey

On 3/5/2021 at 7:48 PM, Jiji said:

Brother, you gotta add Ryo Mizunami's name to the list of AEW's good to go women. I think/hope she's sticking around for a long time like Riho. They may have to get JR just to call her Mizu (means water!) so I don't get fucked up with his "Riho" call tbh. 

Speaking of Aniki, she's live on ChocoTalk!

I prefer sticking with Aniki. (Aniki is "bro" in Japanese)

45 minutes ago, EVA said:

I skimmed through Dark tonight, and some people will be entirely too happy to know that Chuck Taylor is wearing a singlet top with his pants now.

Cue JR critiquing Tony Jones in Beyond The Mat ‘work on your arms, get something that’s a bit more flattering for you, you could be in the hunt!’

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, EVA said:

I skimmed through Dark tonight, and some people will be entirely too happy to know that Chuck Taylor is wearing a singlet top with his pants now.

f7f9546532ab7f7299a8bf89188fef0d.gif

Of course he's gone with a sleeveless t-shirt plenty. Someone buy him a shirt with sleeves! 

Edited by John from Cincinnati

18 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I should never be surprised when somebody's so bad at "reading the room," yet it always amazes me ?

Is this directed at me?

i did make an edit and deleted the needlessly wordy parts of my inquiry.  I just wanted to know what stips were placed on Excalibur’s suspension.  

It was a bad idea to use those words in a PWG angle.  It was also ten years ago and he most likely regrets it I hindsight. 

The Johnny Cash comment is insinuating a future banning?  I don’t think I’m the one misreading things.  

What the...???  I know I haven’t been around much recently but I didn’t know this was a ban-worthy offender.  

Edited by Ryan Faulconer
I remembered what Johnny Cash meant...and is baffled

Listened to Coach Tony on the AEW podcast, and it definitely seems like they’re setting up Darby to lose the belt on Wednesday, with the mandate that he MUST defend the belt, regardless of what kind of shape he’s in from the street fight, or forfeit the title.

• Like 2

Yeah that was a dangerous looking botch.  I'd only seen clips of Drake from Evolve prior to this string of Dark bouts.  His selling is excellent.  I wonder what agility spots you mean?  He does seem a bit lighter on his feet than the average man of his size, but I dig his offense.  I do think packaging him in a Ray Traylor gimmick outfit (OG Bubba, Bossman, nWo Bubba) would do him wonders.  That said, always dig wrestling 'cowboy' boots.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Yeah that was a dangerous looking botch.  I'd only seen clips of Drake from Evolve prior to this string of Dark bouts.  His selling is excellent.  I wonder what agility spots you mean?  He does seem a bit lighter on his feet than the average man of his size, but I dig his offense.

I've seen him do a lot of flying leg moves like enzuigiris, and dropkicks. I'm a huge fan of his, very quickly.

And yeah, that finisher was cringeworthy, glad Chuck managed to pull it off safely.

11 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Bononi pulling Avalon out on a heart-shaped sled is some underrated wrestlecrap.

After Dark the last few weeks and their spots in the tag battle royale today, I’m now proud to say that Pretty Peter and Cezar Bononi are my new favourite jobber tag team in wrestling. I hope they never win a "real" match ever.

2 hours ago, MrKothoga said:

After Dark the last few weeks and their spots in the tag battle royale today, I’m now proud to say that Pretty Peter and Cezar Bononi are my new favourite boy tag team in wrestling. I hope they never win a "real" match ever.

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1