DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2021

Casey

8 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Exact opposite for me. Ryo has been by far the breakout star, on both sides of the tournament. I was already a fan of Yuka and Emi, and now I can add her as well.

On that note I was thinking about who I want to see more of as a result of this tournament.  I knew about Maki and this only further cemented me wanting her in AEW.  But not only do I want to see more of Ryo but also liked Veny a lot.  If you bring one or both of them to the US I can see the women's division having an automatic uptick in overall quality.  I was also impressed by seeing Emi be herself.  The Freddy stuff was there but she had a wonderful veteran heel presence that I just loved.  If she does come back to the US I hope we get what we saw here and not her changing the look to appeal to the US audience.  Oh, and that six-women tag was just delightful.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Exact opposite for me. Ryo has been by far the breakout star, on both sides of the tournament. I was already a fan of Yuka and Emi, and now I can add her as well.

I guess the question is can someone break out based on zero television appearances (aside from recaps) and depending on streaming services alone.

Tony Khan is really, really funny. That guy gets it and even though he gets it, I still hope he never regularly appears on Dynamite. If him talking shit and wondering what the fuck is happening with wrestling is just limited to YouTube, then that's all I need.

I read long ago the other AEW show for TV was reportedly to be 1 hour.

Anyway I wonder if AEW will still plan to make those Women tag titles, those should be the last titles they will produce.

Dark is so awesome.  Looks like we are getting a feud with Bear Country vs The Butcher and The Blade.  

Maybe JD Drake can team with whatever Shawn Spears is going to come back as, whenever that may be...Drake has some really different versions of familiar moves.  It makes his singles matches more dramatic than others can.  

Apparently The Acclaimed is here.  

Bowen’s sure is loud.  I guess he is injured as well.  Does anyone know the details?  Hopefully it won’t be long.  These goofs are growing on me.  They had another rap video that overdelivered for the third straight time.

Antony Bowens missed months of his career after getting injured during a WWE tryout, and the company promised they would take care of him when he recovered. Then he did recover, and they pretended to have never heard of him.

• Sad 1

So anybody want to take a crack at making sense of the qualifying process for the Revolution ladder match? Why did Fenix, who's been ranked in the top five for a month, need to win a qualifier when unranked Scorpio and Penta didn't? And how are Max Caster and Preston Vance even within sniffing distance of a singles title shot?

Edited by tbarrie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

So anybody want to take a crack at making sense of the qualifying process for the Revolution ladder match? Why did Fenix, who's been ranked in the top five for a month, need to win a qualifies when unranked Scorpio and Penta didn't? And how are Max Caster and Preston Vance even within sniffing distance of a singles title shot?

Who are you to question the 2020 Booker of the Year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Here's the Tonys, taking four and a half minutes to sell people on two shows that anybody watching Impact already knows are happening:

I've seen Tony Schiavone and Stu Grayson in that AEW hoodie. I'm hoping you'll be able to buy it but I think it's exclusive to the roster only like the gilet Schiavone tends to wear.

1 hour ago, The Great ML said:

Shrug. I guess I just don’t get the appeal. He’s Herb Abrams with deeper pockets and less cocaine.

How great would a promotion run by a Herb Abrams with more money and more cocaine be?

Edited by elizium
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3