DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY.

You know when I sit and think about it it's pretty goddamn crazy that I was there live watching this as was those two.  Kind of makes me wonder what would happen if we paid extra and was in the same vicinity as those two.  Do I try my hand with a picture or to say hello?  Or do I just let them be and freak about it online.  I honestly don't know but I'm at least glad to say I was in the same building as them.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

You know when I sit and think about it it's pretty goddamn crazy that I was there live watching this as was those two.  Kind of makes me wonder what would happen if we paid extra and was in the same vicinity as those two.  Do I try my hand with a picture or to say hello?  Or do I just let them be and freak about it online.  I honestly don't know but I'm at least glad to say I was in the same building as them.

I was waiting on line to get into MetLife Stadium for Mania 29 and I overheard a few guys in front me saying, "That's Tanahashi over there." I looked around and a few rows parallel to mine, there he was Hiroshi Tanahashi with a baseball cap on and another Japanese fellow (could've been Liger for all I know). I knew I probably would never have the opportunity to say anything to him ever again so I walked over to him very casually, extended my hand and said "Thank you, I'm a big fan." He shook my hand, gave me a small bow and I walked back to my line. I'm pretty sure he was grateful I didn't overreact or bring attention to him. Many of the people around him seemed to be oblivious as to who he was but that's to be expected with large casual fans that show up for Mania. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, quackhell said:

For a all her goofy clumsy babyface ace energy Mayu is not afraid to get real mean with her offense sometimes.

Like when she annihilated Saki with her superkicks in their Korakuen match last year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

11 hours ago, olythegreat89 said:

I was waiting on line to get into MetLife Stadium for Mania 29 and I overheard a few guys in front me saying, "That's Tanahashi over there." I looked around and a few rows parallel to mine, there he was Hiroshi Tanahashi with a baseball cap on and another Japanese fellow (could've been Liger for all I know). I knew I probably would never have the opportunity to say anything to him ever again so I walked over to him very casually, extended my hand and said "Thank you, I'm a big fan." He shook my hand, gave me a small bow and I walked back to my line. I'm pretty sure he was grateful I didn't overreact or bring attention to him. Many of the people around him seemed to be oblivious as to who he was but that's to be expected with large casual fans that show up for Mania. 

Thank you for sharing both. Good on you doing that, @olythegreat89 and for how Hiroshi Tanahashi reacted. Right to say that was the best thing about the show for you as it would be for me?

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1