DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY.

16 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

About as cool as this.

e6b50c095760780393977d1d622f591af6611c48

on r/squaredcircle the other day there was a person who said Omega should "parody" Onitas entrance at the Tokyo Dome in his match against Chono because it was so badass. I think rather than parody they meant to say something like pay tribute or homage, but it did make me think how modern wrestling can look like a parody of old stuff, and i think this fits the bill perfectly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bazzil said:

on r/squaredcircle the other day there was a person who said Omega should "parody" Onitas entrance at the Tokyo Dome in his match against Chono because it was so badass. I think rather than parody they meant to say something like pay tribute or homage, but it did make me think how modern wrestling can look like a parody of old stuff, and i think this fits the bill perfectly.

Except Cody didn't think he was parodying anything there. That's why it's so great. 

l fell way behind again. Ah well. Here's what we've got on tap for Wednesday morning.

Jimmy Dula & Jean Martin vs  Monsieur Montreal & Leon Minisini

Montreal was a power guy. Martin was just a real journeyman type heel here. Dula is fascianting to watch and Minsini is more of the journeyman stylist. Everyone hits hard.

This is a couple of minutes in to start, but almost immediately, this happens.

4QgK5k.gif

Martin was impressively mean here:

91nXlY.gif

• Like 2

So, yeah.  My homie's wife just peeped his Twitter account and saw the "I AM THE DEITY OF SHIT~!" photoshoot that Maki Itoh did while half naked and covered in chocolate.

I think he will be sleeping on the couch for a couple of weeks... if he is lucky..

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Aww!  That's awesome!

Boy or girl, the Rhodes young 'un is going to be a heartbreaker when he / she grows up.

It's a Girl. They had an obnoxiously ostentatious gender reveal live on TV. 

• Haha 2

More Dula/Martin vs Montreal/Minisini

It's hard to fully express how entertaining Dula was. He just came at everything from weird angles. And then he'd do something like this headbutt:

k8zMyK.gif

This is probably the second time in a few weeks we've seen a headlock/chinlock turned into a lift like this. I think it was a torture rack last time, but it's just a really cool escape that I don't think anyone's done in 40 years. This is what a Jeff Cobb should be doing anytime someone tries to chinlock him.

oVEJDk.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1