DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

The Road to WrestleMania continues with WWE Fastlane, AEW's Revolution PPV will have an Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match and Sting's first match in six years. Looking forward AEW Revolution the most out of March's offerings. NJPW celebrates its 49th Anniversary, there's the New Japan Cup culminating in Sakura Genesis. Enjoy y'all!

• Like 2

• RIPPA pinned this topic
56 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm really, really excited for Revolution. Initially, I was mad it was on a Sunday, but I said screw it...  booked a vacation day for next Monday, and already bought my mojito materials. Week can't go by fast enough.

I'm pissed AEW Revolution went from a Saturday to a Sunday.

Here's my Saturday-Monday:

6th March is my 36th Birthday. I'll be spending it with my Mum, Dad and Sister as I always do. My best friend who is more like my brother was hoping last year that things would be better by now so he'd come up but it's not to be. We're both gutted. First time in many years won't be able to have pints at the pub either. Health of the nation and it's people are more important though. I've lost two people to the coronavirus, one was my cousin. Fuck it.

AEW and UFC do Saturday PPVs which work out better for the UK as its the early hours of Sunday morning and as its a Sunday, go back to bed. This Saturday is UFC 259 and it's only the 7th time in UFC's history that a show has three championship fights on. It's also why AEW Revolution moved from Saturday to Sunday. I'm more excited for the AEW card. WWE PPVs are Sunday meaning Monday midnight morning UK time.

7th March. The main UFC 259 card starts at 3am on Sunday morning but I'll be watching earlier for the 1am prelims. Main card usually goes three hours depending on how long fights go for. You could be looking at three 25 minute championship fights though that's unlikely. I'll be trying to catch up on losing a night's sleep afterwards.

8th March. AEW Revolution 1am Monday morning UK time for a few hours. Hopefully I'll be awake to see it go out and then talk about it here with y'all. I'll be wearing my AEW Logo Premium Varsity Zip Hoodie I've got for my birthday at 50% off from my parents/little sister. Timed getting that right as originally I was going to get one a few days earlier. I'd have been so pissed for my parents/little sister if we had.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Saturday night ppvs make way more sense but I'm always off work Mondays and Tuesdays so I'm thrilled Revolution is on a Sunday this year. It will be my first purchase of an AEW ppv. I get up at 2 am every day so I'll probably need to take a nap if I want to make it to the Exploding Barbed Wire match. I'll probably watch it through the Bleacher Report app on my tv unless y'all have had bad experiences.

• Like 1

Tonight is hopefully the night WWE puts the WWE Championship on Bobby Lashley as he beats The Miz on RAW. Sadly I don't think it will with outside interference by one of if not all of Drew McIntyre, John Morrison and Braun Strowman. Lashley loses by DQ.

I'm still pissed about the show being on Sunday.  Unlike WWE shows my wife absolutely wants to see this but has to get up at 4am Monday for work.  I might watch it all anyway but might be tempted to just watch whatever and pick up the rest Monday.  It also really screws up plans to have people over considering most of the people work Monday as well.

I never did see why but did they ever state if this is a one-time deal or is this how it's going to be going forward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm still pissed about the show being on Sunday.  Unlike WWE shows my wife absolutely wants to see this but has to get up at 4am Monday for work.  I might watch it all anyway but might be tempted to just watch whatever and pick up the rest Monday.  It also really screws up plans to have people over considering most of the people work Monday as well.

I never did see why but did they ever state if this is a one-time deal or is this how it's going to be going forward.

Why's with the UFC. Like you, I'm hoping it's Sunday just this once and I think it will be.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Tonight is hopefully the night WWE puts the WWE Championship on Bobby Lashley as he beats The Miz on RAW. Sadly I don't think it will with outside interference by one of if not all of Drew McIntyre, John Morrison and Braun Strowman. Lashley loses by DQ.

They moved the match back a week, to tonight, so nobody would get upset at Lashley losing clean to Miz during Black History Month (USA).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, StevieNippz said:

Saturday night ppvs make way more sense but I'm always off work Mondays and Tuesdays so I'm thrilled Revolution is on a Sunday this year. It will be my first purchase of an AEW ppv. I get up at 2 am every day so I'll probably need to take a nap if I want to make it to the Exploding Barbed Wire match. I'll probably watch it through the Bleacher Report app on my tv unless y'all have had bad experiences.

I’ve gotten all the ppvs through the b/r app, no problems and I still have full access to them all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

AEW isn't going to run a PPV against UFC on the same night though. Especially one with 3 title fights.  I prefer Saturday to Sunday also 

Oh, right, that whole thing with them pushing back dates.  As much as I want to grumble about UFC (I know it's not entirely their fault) as long as it's a one-time thing then it's not the worst thing in the world.  And considering two of my friends recently recovered from COVID maybe it wouldn't be wise to hang with them just yet so it's likely a blessing in disguise.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

The Road to WrestleMania continues with WWE Fastlane, AEW's Revolution PPV will have an Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match and Sting's first match in six years. Looking forward AEW Revolution the most out of March's offerings. NJPW celebrates its 49th Anniversary, there's the New Japan Cup culminating in Sakura Genesis. Enjoy y'all!

In a way Revolution feels like ECW Living Dangerously. I like when Promotions do a 2-3 month period in between PPVs. I liked at different periods of the brand extentions in WWE every other month RAW or Smackdown would have their own PPV giving an extra month for feuds to build. I never understood why TNA had to do a PPV every single month like WWE after they got on TV

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

In a way Revolution feels like ECW Living Dangerously. I like when Promotions do a 2-3 month period in between PPVs. I liked at different periods of the brand extentions in WWE every other month RAW or Smackdown would have their own PPV giving an extra month for feuds to build. I never understood why TNA had to do a PPV every single month like WWE after they got on TV

They actually lowered the number. They were doing weekly ppv's from 2002-2004

Just wait until friends turned enemies turned friends, Bow Wow & Soulja Boy, win the tag titles from Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin. And then Bad Bunny joins forces with The Miz in a SWERVE~! and feuds with Bobby Lashley.

Big E will get his wish - but it won't be in a video game!

11 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Soulja Boy was so long ago, I thought Orton was arguing with the Nigerian guy from 90 Day Fiance who also uses the name

I believe the 90 Day Fiancee guy uses the name without the "L"; I think he's Souja Boy (or Soja Boy). I can't believe that is knowledge I have somehow retained.

• Haha 5