DVDVR Message Board

2021 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

Tabe

If you happen to have an Amazon Prime linked to Twitch, in addition to the usual indy slate, Dragon Age Inquisition and Control Ultimate Edition, both for PC, are free right now.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:38 AM, Raziel said:

If you happen to have an Amazon Prime linked to Twitch, in addition to the usual indy slate, Dragon Age Inquisition and Control Ultimate Edition, both for PC, are free right now.

And Rise of the Tomb Raider is free with Amazon Games or Prime Gaming or whatever the heck it's called, along with the two Raziel mentioned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Switch games are on sale! This is not a drill! (okay you probably own most of them already)

You can find Black Friday sales via at least Gamestop and Amazon.

If you own a Switch and don't own Breath of the Wild already - it is only $27

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Switch games are on sale! This is not a drill! (okay you probably own most of them already)

You can find Black Friday sales via at least Gamestop and Amazon.

If you own a Switch and don't own Breath of the Wild already - it is only $27

We got Breath of the Wild (just have WiiU version and I have no idea where it is), the Kirby game (even the 4 year old will be able to figure that out), and Xenoblade Chronicles (finally, I kept hesitating at $40 but it was hard to say no at $26). We'll keep an eye on Paper Mario if it goes back in stock for the physical copy, since we'd hold it for the 9 year old for her 10th birthday in June as the price isn't going to get any better on that.

Edited by Matt D

PS Plus games for December supposedly leaked:

• Godfall (PS4/PS5)
  • Mortal Shell
  • LEGO® DC Super-Villains

Mortal Shell has a free PS4 --> PS5 upgrade, but I'm not sure if they'll lock PS Plus subscribers out of it like Greedfall and FF7 Remake did.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

PS Plus games for December supposedly leaked:

• Godfall (PS4/PS5)
  • Mortal Shell
  • LEGO® DC Super-Villains

Mortal Shell has a free PS4 --> PS5 upgrade, but I'm not sure if they'll lock PS Plus subscribers out of it like Greedfall and FF7 Remake did.

I haven't played a Lego game in awhile, so I'll enjoy checking that out for an hour or two. 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:41 PM, StevieNippz said:

Mortal Shell is great and was a great entry to starting Souls like games. I want to play Godfall but have never seen it on a cheap enough sale so hopefully that's accurate

The version with the Rotting Christ soundtrack is great, but it's pretty clear these Souls-like games aren't my bag. I'm horrible at this game.

It also figures that a few months after I bought it for the Series S, it gets added to Gamepass. Damnit.

5 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Assholes.

And watch, the full game won't even be heavily discounted for PS Plus members probably.

Welp, at least I can grab DC Lego Super Villains, it's been on my wishlist for a while now.