DVDVR Message Board

2021 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

Tabe

My sleep schedule is a mess so I'm up at 3am playing Mortal Kombat 11. Looks like the March Stadia Pro games are the new Pixeljunk game Pixeljunk Raiders, Pac-Man Tunnel Battle Royale and the AVICII game. I was dumb enough to buy the Pac-Man game but am not on Pro anymore, so my first thought was "maybe I can get a game without sitting on the matchmaking screen for 10 minutes"

Hypothetically, since the FF7 remake is just Chapter One, is there a possibility that putting it on PS+ so soon after release is a clue that chapter 2 might be coming out pretty soon, and they're giving 1 away as a way to get people to buy the subsequent ones?

2 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

FYI Ratchet and Clank is free on PSN as part of the "Play at Home" promotion.

Neil hates the previous pages of this thread ?

Earlier this month, Sony revived last year’s Play At Home initiative, a program designed to provide free games to PlayStation players in the hopes of promoting social distancing. Next week, Sony will expand the initiative by offering a whole bunch of games.

Starting on March 25, you’ll be able to add the following PS4 games to your library:

The Witness
Abzû
Subnautica
Enter the Gungeon
Rez Infinite

Sony will also make four VR games available:

Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Moss
Thumper
Paper Beast

You’ll be able to claim those nine games though April 22. A bit down the line, between April 19 and May 14, you’ll also be able to claim Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition, which includes the terrific Frozen Wilds expansion on top of the main game (plus some bonus weapons, in-game resources, and tiny add-ons of that nature).

Obviously if you have never played HZD - that is a must grab

• Like 1

12 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

More VR games are always welcome, too, been wanting Moss for a while...

Did you play Astro Bot's VR game yet? That game single handledly made the PSVR worth it. Moss was fun too, actually (but I only played the demo). Limited space meant I couldn't try everything, plus I never could find the Move controllers anywhere other than eBay where they were marked up by $50-100 usually.

I'll grab all the non-VR games (sold it), because, I mean... well, they're free, why not?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Did you play Astro Bot's VR game yet? That game single handledly made the PSVR worth it. Moss was fun too, actually (but I only played the demo). Limited space meant I couldn't try everything, plus I never could find the Move controllers anywhere other than eBay where they were marked up by $50-100 usually.

I'll grab all the non-VR games (sold it), because, I mean... well, they're free, why not?

Rescue Mission seems awesome, I've put a short time into it but we had an issue with having a PSVR - a stupid fucking cat who chews through cables. We got a VR bundle for Xmas '19 and only got to use it for a few months before it was rendered useless. We got a replacement this past Xmas but I've been on the road every other week lately so just haven't had the time to drop back in - but I will! I definitely need less intense VR games to play because the faster moving stuff makes my old ass feel AWFUL ?

On 3/17/2021 at 5:31 PM, RIPPA said:

Obviously if you have never played HZD - that is a must grab

I would like to point out that Rez Infinite and Thumper are both VR-optional games. Both have cool VR modes but neither requires the rig to play.  And frankly, I really enjoyed both.

On 3/20/2021 at 5:03 PM, Raziel said:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1372243360015130625?s=19

10 more Play at Home games.  I've wanted Subnautica for a bit so that's cool.  It's also the 3nd platform I'm getting Gungeon for free now, so I should probably get around to it.

Just a reminder about all of these free games, they are available RIGHT NOW.