DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Win or Go Home - 2/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I know I'm shooting myself in the foot and gunning for disappointment, but I'm watching next week in hopes Lashley wins. Aside from Drew, the Hurt Business has consistently been the best thing on Raw for a huge part of the COVID Era. I mean, we're talking about even back to the Raw Underground days. They're the best looking group in WWE, Lashley has been well protected, it's the best Lashley has maybe ever looked in WWE, and it's time for this guy to get a run with the WWE title.

Plus, I want to see that dude in his dope looking suit wearing the WWE title around his waist or on his shoulder.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - though weirdly, Meltzer thinks they are building to Shane vs Adam Pearce

I do vaguely remember Shane telling Pearce that he needs to tighten the ship or something along those lines when he first entered the ring last night. 

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

ugh so we are getting the annual punch/kick gassed in under 5 minutes while we await the Shane dive spot. 

Did he have a match in 2020? I don't think he did. His annual shadow boxing and high-fall exhibition might now be biannual.

• Sad 1

1200x630

And out from his mouth came a-bubblin' crude

Oil that is. Black gold. Texas tea.

Well next thing you know RKO's a millionaire

Hepatitis Bob said "move away from there! Tropicana Field is where you oughta be"

So he picked right up and forgot the PC

Thunderdome, that is. LEDs. Scripted marks.

Edited by Sex Machine Gun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Spontaneous said:

I will be watching Raw for the first time in probably a year next week to see if Bobby Lashley wins. I fully expect to be disappointed. He was so over with the live crowd at Wrestlemania 23. WWE has to pull the trigger!

Don't know why but I pictured your avatar saying that and I couldn't help but laugh.  I'm with you though on hoping Bobby wins.  Him and the Hurt Business have been so damn good with their run that not winning would just be a bad idea.  But part of me thinks some fuckery will happen and they'll either save the title change for Fastlane or be complete imbeciles and not let it happen at all.  I'm really trying not to be cynical today so I'm hoping option A happens.

And I kind of don't hate the idea of Pearce having a WM match even if it's with Shane.  Would be nice to see Scrap Daddy on there considering I didn't think it'd be possible after all this time.

• Like 2

Honestly, any ill will towards a Miz cash in go away if Lashley-Miz goes like Kofi-Brock. Bell rings, he spears him and it is over.  Just make Lashley a monster and have McIntrye-Sheamus no 1 contenders at Fastlane. Have Bad Bunny be the guest announcer or something to screw with Miz.

I see Shane vs Braun so Braun can throw Shane off of something. I haven't been following the storylines though.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AxB said:

Did he have a match in 2020? I don't think he did. His annual shadow boxing and high-fall exhibition might now be biannual.

He didn't, and neither did Hunter. I get the sense that the family looked at what was happening and decided this wrestling in front of nobody stuff was for the birds.

1 hour ago, Spontaneous said:

Honestly, any ill will towards a Miz cash in go away if Lashley-Miz goes like Kofi-Brock. Bell rings, he spears him and it is over.  Just make Lashley a monster and have McIntrye-Sheamus no 1 contenders at Fastlane.

I don't mind short matches, but the BIG MOVE BIG MOVE BIG MOVE PIN IN TWO MINUTES formula is... well, kinda awful. It ends up, to me, making anyone lower than God Tier look like a fuckin' scrub. How can anyone else ever be taken seriously? You could argue that when someone comes in and takes out one of these God Tier people it makes them seem like an even bigger deal than previously but it's really only been effectively used with two in this decade, that being Drew and Roman. Ten years almost! KO got wiped out, Kofi was destroyed, but you at least got good matches out of Finn, Bryan, and Styles. 

I sort of liked the idea of WWE having a Final Boss type a few years ago but I feel it's ultimately killed the ability of anyone else to get over. It also didn't help that their God Tier people were part-timers who didn't appear enough to help other talent get over.

I just don't see Miz as anything but a joke so him losing in 5 seconds to me is just them not wasting my time. I would rather we get a Goldberg-Brock at SS style match than watch Miz and Lashley have a ten minute match.

Miz got to hold the belt for a couple of weeks but anything longer than Diesel-Backlund here is not needed. WWE can't book anyone to their strengths so watch us get a 10 minute match that ends in a DQ.

In summary, I'm just here to see Lashley win the title. Miz is a waste.

1 hour ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

I don't mind short matches, but the BIG MOVE BIG MOVE BIG MOVE PIN IN TWO MINUTES formula is... well, kinda awful. It ends up, to me, making anyone lower than God Tier look like a fuckin' scrub. How can anyone else ever be taken seriously? You could argue that when someone comes in and takes out one of these God Tier people it makes them seem like an even bigger deal than previously but it's really only been effectively used with two in this decade, that being Drew and Roman. Ten years almost! KO got wiped out, Kofi was destroyed, but you at least got good matches out of Finn, Bryan, and Styles. 

I sort of liked the idea of WWE having a Final Boss type a few years ago but I feel it's ultimately killed the ability of anyone else to get over. It also didn't help that their God Tier people were part-timers who didn't appear enough to help other talent get over.

This is not meant to compare to anything else but that style is one of the main reasons I loved the Will Hobbs squash on Dark last week.  Yes it was against a jobber but with how quick and powerful that squash was Hobbs look absolutely king-sized in the process.  It's just too bad WWE doesn't mess with squash matches anymore as that'd be a fine way to get the job done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

This is not meant to compare to anything else but that style is one of the main reasons I loved the Will Hobbs squash on Dark last week.  Yes it was against a jobber but with how quick and powerful that squash was Hobbs look absolutely king-sized in the process.  It's just too bad WWE doesn't mess with squash matches anymore as that'd be a fine way to get the job done.

Yeah dude, squash matches to get someone over are totally useful. Not even useful, neccessary in some cases when someone can't talk. It's a lost art. 

My point is that Lesnar destroyed every human in his path, even a car. He was a monster and generally fucks up everything in his path for years. Goldberg shows up and wrecks him in short order. Well goddamn, now what? Then Goldberg kills KO. Lesnar beats Goldberg at WM XXXIII in a humdinger.

... but who was helped that would be around in the long run? That's why it's so important they don't fuck up Drew. A European star? Hell yeah. 

• Like 1