DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Win or Go Home - 2/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Put the belt on that man!   Lashley has been a monster.   The Hurt Business is the best thing on RAW.  

Lashley cut a good promo on The Miz too. it's his time. 

Here's hoping. The Hurt Business has revitalized and given them all a purpose. It's Lashley's time to become WWE Champion.

• Like 1

Riddle/Morrison and Ricochet/Styles (for as long as it lasted anyways) were both really good and LHP/THB was solid as well. Garza/Priest would have been a lot better had it been more competitive.

I'm hoping Lashley wins the title next week, but based on the way the match shook down I'm wondering if Braun interferes and causes a DQ. If not, a Braun/Lashley placeholder feud for Fastlane before programming him with Drew at WM wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

4 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Riddle/Morrison and Ricochet/Styles (for as long as it lasted anyways) were both really good and LHP/THB was solid as well. Garza/Priest would have been a lot better had it been more competitive.

I'm hoping Lashley wins the title next week, but based on the way the match shook down I'm wondering if Braun interferes and causes a DQ. If not, a Braun/Lashley placeholder feud for Fastlane before programming him with Drew at WM wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I'm also wanting Lashley to win the WWE Championship next week but I expect him to lose by DQ due to interference, probably by McIntyre. Maybe Morrison and Braun instead.

Edited by The Natural

LHP vs. Cedric/Shelton was good fun. Nice to see Cedric and Shelton back on track.

Charlotte/Asuka vs. Shayna/Nia was solid. I assume that ending leads to Charlotte/Asuka at Fastlane.

Charlotte's segment with Ric was decent and hopefully the end of the Ric on tv for a while.

AJ/Ricochet was short but pretty darn good while it lasted.

Everything with Lashley tonight was solid from the opening segment and threat tot he Miz to the ending match and beatdown on Miz and Braun. Hopefully we get Lashley as champ next week. The man has earned it just being one of the most consistently entertaining and buyable acts on Raw for 8+ months now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

LHP vs. Cedric/Shelton was good fun. Nice to see Cedric and Shelton back on track.

Charlotte/Asuka vs. Shayna/Nia was solid. I assume that ending leads to Charlotte/Asuka at Fastlane.

Charlotte's segment with Ric was decent and hopefully the end of the Ric on tv for a while.

AJ/Ricochet was short but pretty darn good while it lasted.

Everything with Lashley tonight was solid from the opening segment and threat tot he Miz to the ending match and beatdown on Miz and Braun. Hopefully we get Lashley as champ next week. The man has earned it just being one of the most consistently entertaining and buyable acts on Raw for 8+ months now.

Impressive considering it's RAW. The Hurt Business and Drew McIntyre are two of the only things worth watching from it. Asuka may be WWE RAW Women's Champion but she deserves better.

I had the sound off but Bobby (I keep thinking of Sasha Baron Cohen calling him "Booby") has the best crazy face in the business right now and Miz looked shook. When he finally thrashes him with the full nelson it's gonna be glorious. Braun came off like the world's easiest roadblock -- more like a speed bump. 

And then of course you have Satanic Alexa making Orton puke Venom symbiote while Saxton, Joe and Young Boy Tom pretend to look dumbfounded. Wonderful Wrestlecrap.

Charlotte kicking Asuka right in the face then wandering off staring at the mat cluelessly was pretty awkward.

5 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Miz's belt had generic sideplates.

It *did*, but they were mounted upside down like his microphone on MizTV. Shame that it ends up looking generic but I'm not a fan of the personalized sideplates on all the belts anyway. They should be institutional symbols that are above individuals.

Shane McMahon's someone who actually uses the sponsor products, dude's somehow less gray haired than he was a couple'a years ago.

• Like 1

I mean, this was a tough watch for me personally, because a lot of folks on just Drew’s official “they deserve better” list did the honors tonight;

Garza

LHP

Mandy & Dana

Richard O Chet

but I liked bob lash getting his due and some of the bad bunny stuff.

I couldn't help but laugh when reading that Miz won Sunday but figured they had something up their sleeve.  Lashley stepping up is a good way to justify that decision but I hope that's the last time Miz holds the title.  At least while he's still doing the comedy stuff with Morrison.

Can Charles Wright still go?  I don't think even Papa Shango and the Warrior could save the Alexa-Randy angle, but it'd be better than what they're actually doing.

Edited by Eoae
  • Thanks 1