DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 2/16/21

Watching late after dealing with a power outage. Before the Impact is a fun addition as a preshow. TJP/Josh was excellent, kinda surprised Josh's shot came so quick and he got beat clean after a solidly strong build up in the division. Some nice quick matches, strong debut for FinJuice. Hilarious Swingers Palace segment, best one yet. Really liked Tenille/Nevaeh as well, two of my favs. Solid main event match.

Results:

Spoiler

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Decay (Black Taurus & Crazzy Steve w/ Rosemary) def. XXXL (Acey Romero & Larry D) (8:12) when Steve pinned Larry after the diving DDT.

Impact Wrestling - February 16, 2021

*TJP(c) def. Josh Alexander (11:26) with the Mamba Splash to retain the X Division Championship.

*Trey Miguel def. Willie Mack, Suicide, & Daivari (4:46) after the Meteora on Suicide

*Matt Cardona def. Hernandez (w/ Brian Myers) (5:14) after Radio Silence. After the match, Gia Miller interviewed Cardona in the ring. Brian Myers interrupted and accused Cardona of copying him by coming to Impact after him. Hernandez attacked Cardona from behind until Eddie Edwards made the save.

*David Finlay & Juice Robinson def. Reno Scum (Adam Thornstowe & Luster the Legend) (4:15) when Juice pinned Thornstowe after the Powerplex. After the match, the Good Brothers came out and went back and forth on the mic with Juice & Finlay. 

*Tenille Dashwood (w/ Kaleb) def. Nevaeh (7:08) after the Spotlight Kick

*Moose def. Tommy Dreamer (11:45) in an extreme rules match after the Spear

• Like 1

What I caught of that open was indeed really good. Have to go back and see what the NJ boys did (my attention span is just terrible sometimes; I watched the whole Tonys promo and then spaced out reading stuff until I looked up and saw them on the screen with the match being over). Where have they been keeping Hernandez all this time? 

The best thing I saw all night had to be in the Impact in 60 though, which was all New Japan vs. TNA matches, starting with Liger vs. Joe. What an awesome sprint. That building was about to blow apart and I was marking out the whole time because I didn't know that match ever even happened and there it is right on free TV.

• Like 1