DVDVR Message Board

AEW R-Evolution II - 3/7/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Overall, I thought it was a good not great show. Not their best by any stretch, but I mostly enjoyed the matches even if I don't think many of them will be memorable.

• Like 2

Sigh.

You know, you REALLY feel the whole four hour length of the show when it's not very good.

My MOTN was the opener, maybe?

Women's title match was interesting, seemed to be very polarizing based on my Twitter feed.  I literally laughed out loud at (unless I missed something) Ryo apparently eating the knee strike and then immediately rolling up Hikaru for 2.

• Like 2

That almost feels like the angle you have to take. Either a: Kenny Omega built a shitty ring on accident, or b: Kenny comes out at the top of the next Dynamite and acts like he did it on purpose to make Mox look like a fool. Neither are good options, but at this point I'm not sure a good option exists. Malfunctions happen, but damn, was that the worst time for one ever.

• Like 2

Just now, TheVileOne said:

What was the point of an exploding death match again? I don't think I've ever sit down and watched an actual one. 

There's actually only really been 2 good ones, and those were a stretch, and almost exclusively due to Onita.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, just drew said:

That almost feels like the angle you have to take. Either a: Kenny Omega built a shitty ring on accident, or b: Kenny comes out at the top of the next Dynamite and acts like he did it on purpose to make Mox look like a fool. Neither are good options, but at this point I'm not sure a good option exists. Malfunctions happen, but damn, was that the worst time for one ever.

I thought for sure the dud was on purpose

Until Kingston sold it like death.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, just drew said:

They really needed to call an audible and not have the announcers try to put it over so hard and tell Eddie to get up. 

• Like 2