DVDVR Message Board

AEW R-Evolution II - 3/7/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Seems like Darby Allin and whoever booked the street fight didn’t pay attention in film studies when Chekhov's gun was discussed. If you talk about people being thrown out of a window down several floors you have to throw people out of a window down several floors.

And I love the birds eye view camera from above the ring.

And AEW has to stop adding more wrestlers.

And, oh man, the ending. So great with Kingston coming down to protect Moxley and then what an underwhelming “explosion” to end the show. Yikes. Cody's usual pyro would have been more effective.

Edited by MrKothoga

1 minute ago, Valcourt said:

Poor Eddie.

Sold it like a champ. Obviously didn't know how bad it looked... lol

I can only imagine what Eddie & Jon were saying to each other when those sparklers went off. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spontaneous said:

Everything was too damn long for no reason.

Pure wrestlecrap at the end.

I agree. Nearly everything after the Opener was just too long. The ladder match was way to long. The Women's match was good, but way to long... The cinematic match was cool... long.. Was so tired at the start of the Death match...

Damn. I thought that was a real good show until that ending. Now you gotta have Kenny or Don cut a promo on Wednesday about how their shit malfunctioned. Maybe have Gallows and Anderson beat up some crew guys that wired the ring wrong. That cannot have been what was supposed to happen. 

• Like 1

AEW has a nasty habit of overpromising on their PPV's and then under delivering.  This is an example of that.  

The show had some good stuff, but the bad was REALLY bad.  The women's title match fell the fuck apart at the end, the ladder match was boring and the Ring would've been a meme for months but got overshadowed by the explosion dud.

• Like 2