DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 2/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

The Dusty Cup Winners segment was pretty great. Loved the showdown with the women's tag champions and the history lesson with Shayna and Dakota. Even enjoyed MSK and Beth with the popcorn. Raquel is so going to serve Nia.

Shotzi and Ember are the tag team that I never knew I needed. 

Apparently Kyle O'Reilly suffered a legit injury(some are saying seizure) as or slightly after the show was going off the air. There's pictures out there of him being stretchered out. Wishing him all the best.

Edited by Peck
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Apparently Kyle O'Reilly suffered a legit injury(some are saying seizure) as or slightly after the show was going off the air. There's pictures out there of him being stretchered out. Wishing him all the best.

Fucking hell. Best wishes to Kyle O'Reilly.

Great job selling when you have NXT referees, Bivens(whose Twitter account wouldn't normally play along with a storyline like that), and even workers in other companies thinking it's real and sending out prayers and well-wishes to O'Reilly.

NXT isn't quite back to its glory days but it's getting better every week. The tag tournament winner segment was great, especially with MSK in the background eating popcorn.

The main event was great. I hope KOR is ok as I'm in for a singles push, though I have no interest in seeing Adam Cole at the top of the card anymore. Is Bobby Fish injured/still recovering from surgery?

Candice/Indi vs. Ember/Shotzi was going pretty well, but lost a bit of coherence with all the white van stuff going on.

Swerve/Ruff was good though it continues to feel like Swerve is wasted not wrestling for a belt, especially when a guy like Reed is talking about challenging Johnny next.

Kushida/Rust was pretty solid. Dug Bivens protecting his investment and saving face so Rust wouldn't tap.

Kacy/Kayden vs. Aliyah/Jessie was nice while it lasted. The post match stuff with Xia was neat. Poor Kacy is a dead woman next week.

The Dust Cup winners segment was pretty solid, easily the best talking segment Nia & Shayna have been involved in. Dug Shayna bringing up her history with Dakota and talk of the changing landscape with Raquel having beaten the woman Shayna could not. MSK gave a nice promo at the beginning and were fun on the background with Beth just enjoying the scene unfold. Kind of surprised and disappointed Raquel & Dakota are challenging so soon. There is pretty much no way in hell they are taking the belts to NXT before WM. 

Zoey Stark's showcase/squash against Valentina was neat. Glad to see them move Stark to the main show. She looked more than ready for it in her 205Live match.

Never seen Eli Drake/ LA Knight before Takeover, but he does cut a pretty solid promo.

Dug Escobar skipping this week and paying games with Kross.

Loved McAffee shooting a promo purely to talk about how right he was about Cole being a scumbag.

The opening segment was ok, but did its job in helping to set up the main event. The main event was solid stuff. Thought they did well building off of the opening segment with Kyle not quite able to trust Strong. Cole coming in caused some good chaos. I have no interest in Cole in the main event, but O'Reilly vs. Cole has some good build. I do liek them kind of confirming this is the end of UE. Will be interesting to see where every lands when its all said and done.

Good episode overall. Have to say that I'm not fond of watching the show on the network. For whatever reason they skip the action that gets shown during commercial breaks on USA.