DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

This is crazy thinking, but I want to see Santana and Ortiz win the titles here to at least make the match against Jericho and MJF more interesting. Also raises the stakes for what side Sammy will choose.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

This is crazy thinking, but I want to see Santana and Ortiz win the titles here to at least make the match against Jericho and MJF more interesting. Also raises the stakes for what side Sammy will choose.

Damn, that's a good idea.  The Good Brothers could be involved in the finish in a roundabout, not overt way like in the Nick's battle royal elimination so the Bucks' program with them could start proper. 

Sammy as the Miss Elizabeth in the Inner Circle Explodes match would be great.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I can see the titles changing hands tonight. I speculated whether we'd get an AEW World Championship match or Omega in a six/eight man in the AEW Revolution 2021 threaf. This would free the Bucks and advance the Inner Circle conflict.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I hope Penta's visa issues get sorted out quick. If Santana and Ortiz win tonight, I'd love to see the LAX-Lucha Bros feud get a run in AEW. They haven't had a chance since a few late 2019 AAA shows. I'm ready for more.

Let's go Santana and Ortiz!

Also, let's go Serena even though it's a mortal lock Riho's gonna win! 

• Like 2

What a wild 2 hours this was. 

So uh Jack Evans sort of died on that one spot which is bad and he was clearly a little out of it after that, but ALSO the Hangaman/Hardy angle actually went somewhere and I liked that. JOIN DARK ORDER? MAYBE? I can roll with this. 

The Inner Circle is speaking.

I really liked Serena Deeb/Riho. I missed almost all the early AEW so I haven't seen much Riho but this won me over. Have these two even worked together before? Because this was way more coherent than most first time matches. I think this was actually match of the night. Hell this was one of the better AEW TV matches. They managed to throw everything they had at each other but, get this, REMEMBERED TO TELL A COHERENT STORY, wow pretty wild concept. 

LUTHER is wresting motherfucking Orange Cassidy on TV in 2021, we are in one weird timeline. I repeat, I kinda like Luther. He's a big doughy goof with big time scummy indie wrestling vibes. The one big kick he landed looked fucking awesome. This was honestly perfectly fine for what it was, a three minute AEW Dark main event on your main TV. 

It's somehow comforting that no matter what the era, Sting will always be undone by being Sting, World's Biggest Idiot. STING YOU'RE NOT BATMAN MY DUDE, DON'T DO IT ah shit he did it again. Sting is wrestling's Lucy & The Football.

Eddie Kingston is speaking. I could listen to Kingston and Moxley cut promos on each other all day.

Kenny Omega is speaking to children. I'm with JR, what in the hell is going on? This was the low point of the show. 

The Young Bucks' dad looks like a guy that knew how to party hard in the 1980's and still knows how to party hard in 2021. That Falcon Arrow off the top was fucking nuts. I think Santana and Ortiz might be my favourite tag team in AEW. Everyone hit their shit and there was plenty to pop for but this had no real story because it's the Young Bucks and they don't really do story. Trash finish, why did you do my boys that way. Still wasn't bad, it's just a particular style of match I can only get so into. Again, everyone hit their shit so I can't really complain.

FTR vs. The Sydal Brothers was fine I guess. I wasn't really paying super close attention because this was always going to be a squash and then it ran longer than one segment for some reason so I kind of half took this match up to PREPARE MYSELF for the main event. Cody Rhodes is speaking about things that have nothing to do with this match. The post match 5 second Luchasaurus mask video felt extremely Mortal Kombat. This was all WCW, all the time. 

The first few minutes of the main event where it was just 6 guys beating the shit out of each other and Bunny screaming was great, then they decided to have a wrestling match for some reason. That match was also fine and enjoyable. Lance Archer seems to be having a blast in the ring right now. Goddamn Eddie Kingston throws a mean chop. When Rey Fenix actually hits his shit there is nothing in the world quite like him. This was a ridiculous match, but the good kind.

Kenny Omega wants to go full Onita? Everything is forgiven. EVERYTHING. Kenny Omega is good now, sorry.

Overall it's really hard to fault this too much as 2 hours of entertainment on my Wednesday night. Great show.

• Like 9

My fucking God. Exploding barbed wire death match?! What an incredible show with two great matches in the women's tournament deal and the tag title. Angles hit. Lots of fun. Dynamite is really on a roll again reminiscent of the stretch during the before times leading to war games. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, A_K said:

Fenix is an absolute stud. Butcher looks absurdly terrible in that attire - somebody please speak to them. Shame they wasted the Inner Circle title bout potential.

I like Butcher and Blade but yeah that ring gear is a huge step down from what he had. I don't get it.