DVDVR Message Board

MLB SPRING TRAINING 2021

RIPPA

18 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

That new Park looks like a cross between the sportatorium and those metal buildings that you can set up by yourself in a weekend.

I've seen it compared to Chernobyl's lead sarcophagus

• Haha 2

Nick Markakis has retired.

It seems like (though unsaid) that part of the reason he opted back into last season was because he knew he was retiring. 

This slipped under the radar, at least for me:

"MLB sent a memo last month to all 30 teams noting it will loosen the tension on the seams of the baseball and also double from five to 10 the number of ballparks that will store its baseballs in a humidor. "

So expect (at least slightly) fewer home runs in 2021.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 2:55 PM, Tabe said:

This slipped under the radar, at least for me:

"MLB sent a memo last month to all 30 teams noting it will loosen the tension on the seams of the baseball and also double from five to 10 the number of ballparks that will store its baseballs in a humidor. "

So expect (at least slightly) fewer home runs in 2021.

I would expect hitting coaches adjusting by having the power hitters use even MORE of an uppercut swing, but then I saw Hicks bunt against the shift this afternoon so maybe we're starting to come out of this shitty all or nothing hitting style..

• Like 2

On 3/14/2021 at 2:27 PM, RIPPA said:

You all better be sitting down for this shocking news

Stephen Strasburg left his ST start with an injury

In other news, water is wet.

• Like 1

MLB and Youtube have agreed to another year of games exclusively aired on Youtube.

21 Game Schedule

Games announced so far (rest will be announced as season goes)

Tampa at Boston (April 7)

LAA at Houston (April 22)

Minnesota at Cleveland (April 28)

The Metropolitans are hiring former NJ Governor Chris Christie to serve on their board of directors.  

The twitter joke is that his main qualification is his success in rebuilding after the devastation of Sandy. 

Mark Shapiro said that unless "something dramatically changes", he doesn't see the Blue Jays returning to Toronto before July 1

The primary reason for this is that at the moment Toronto has barred all public events until July 1 and since the Jays are able to play in front of fans in the US, Shapiro doesn't see the team going back to Canada until they are allowed to have fans.

The reason I said "US" is because Shapiro also confirmed that playing in Dunedin beyond June is a challenge due to the weather and that the team will consider then moving to Buffalo. (Apparently Toronto is already working with Buffalo to continue stadium renovations in anticipation of playing games there this year)

The Royals signed Salvador Perez to a 4 year, $82 million extension (with a 5th year option)

It becomes the largest contract ever handed out by Kansas City

Francisco Lindor just hit his 4th HR in the last 5 ST games.  

I am enjoying Mets Twitter in a dead panic that he hasn't signed his extension yet and the price keeps going up. 

• Haha 1

I hope you are all sitting down for this shocking news

Kirby Yates needs Tommy John

(Apparently the Jays were aware of the possibility before signing him as they reduced their offer to him before he signed and that was after the Braves back out of deal with him)

Eloy Jimenez is looking at missing the entire season after rupturing his pectoral muscle trying to rob a HR... in a spring training game.

Time table is 5-6 months

In an issue that all teams are gonna have to deal with all season long - Boston has had to pull Eduardo Rodriguez as the starter for opening day due to a dead arm

Nathan Eovaldi will now start the 1st game