DVDVR Message Board

Embrace The Smackdown Live - 2/12/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Exactly what I thought, if I was a wrestler in the building. "Why the fuck should I go out there?" That is just the dumbest shit. 

They both replayed and made fun of MY HOLE. Big E vs. Nakamura got half of it lopped off by commercial break and it ended up in a DQ. Cesaro did pick up a win over Ziggler so that's a double plus. But really if that's all you got on a show...

Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman are brilliant together. Don't ever split them up. This version of Reigns is money. Really like Adam Pearce as a WWE official as well.

Smackdown Elimination Chamber is a lot better than RAW's. Thinking Cesaro wins it, faces Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal Championship saving Reigns/Bryan for a bigger show and when Bryan's "fresh". Wouldn't be surprised if Bryan wins the EC and do Reigns/Bryan then and there because WWE and patience don't go together.

Edited by The Natural

My wife walked by as Seth comes down the ramp: 

"That's a lot of fake cows."

(I mean... it might not be pleather.  It could be real cows.  Much better.)

Same wife, after realizing Seth wasn't wearing socks.

"I hope he's a bad guy,  If he's a good guy, he should dress better."

Already mostly forgotten the show other than Roman's segment and Dominic and Liv trying to die for my semi-amusement.  This isn't the way Vince gets me to watch a PPV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really hoping this means we get a Smackdown Gauntlet match with the six in the Elimination Chamber match and either Daniel Bryan or Cesaro go an hour like Seth Rollins and Kofi Kingston did. Fuck, make most of the Gauntlet a Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro match.

• Like 1

Dug the opening segment with Roman and Paul dictating how the EC would play out. Its already far more interesting to me than Raw's purely because of that. Would rather Owens not be involved, but I'm not really surprised either.

Bayley/Liv was solid enough. Liv totally died on that failed dive.

Not really into he build for Sasha/Bianca yet though it isn't the worst. Feels like one will have to turn heel come WM to really make it work. Shayna & Nia popping up felt kind of pointless though still ok as a general segment.

E/Nakamura was alright though it disappoints me that aren't given Nak a shot at EC. Really does push that he was only in the previous gauntlet because Cesaro hadn't resigned at the time.

Wish Rey & Dominik won to be in EC though Sami & & Corbin are ok I suppose. Poor Dominik flew face first into the announce table. I was kind of surprised he came out of that ok.

Gable/Otis vs. Profits was solid. Feels liek we are getting a slow burn to the Street Profits turning heel.

Glad Bryan & Cesaro are in EC. Their match against Ziggler/Roode was nice while it lasted. Hope Cesaro wins the chamber match.

Why are these amazing promos never on the damn show?

Bryan put over:
- Heyman as a smart/sneaky manager.
- Brock on the SUPER contract
- Roman as being on Brock's level
- The Chamber as a dangerous/taxing match
- Himself as a long term vet
- Cesaro as an under appreciated talent
- Wrestling itself as something that good guys (himself/Cesaro) love to do

He also touched on the history he has with Cesaro and the the history that HEYMAN has with Cesaro and why that would motivate Cesaro to kick Roman's ass, all in 3 minutes of time and all without a script.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Why are these amazing promos never on the damn show?

Bryan put over:
- Heyman as a smart/sneaky manager.
- Brock on the SUPER contract
- Roman as being on Brock's level
- The Chamber as a dangerous/taxing match
- Himself as a long term vet
- Cesaro as an under appreciated talent
- Wrestling itself as something that good guys (himself/Cesaro) love to do

He also touched on the history he has with Cesaro and the the history that HEYMAN has with Cesaro and why that would motivate Cesaro to kick Roman's ass, all in 3 minutes of time and all without a script.

This. Daniel Bryan is the GOAT.

• Like 1