DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

WBD has 55 billion in debt. 

They're gonna have to do some more of the following.... cost cutting, axing, selling off stuff, more money back tax writeoffs, and even license off their stuff, and milk more existing properties to get rid of most of that debt.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:39 PM, twiztor said:

Batman TAS, X-Men TAS, Justice League/JL Unlimited would be my top 3. probably Avengers EMH and Spider-Man TAS round out the top 5. Batman B&B might sneak past Spider-Man, but right now it JUST misses the cut.

Good picks, my friend.

On 8/19/2022 at 9:53 PM, Travis Sheldon said:

No Space Ghost Coast to Coast or Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

Only seen a few of the former as a kid and never the latter.

Fb3eF2VWAAMgLYe?format=jpg&name=large

Happy 30th Birthday to Batman: The Animated Series. To me Batman is Batman: The Animated Series. The writing, the animation, the vocal performances across the board particularly Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne/Batman with Mark Hamill as the Joker, Arleen Sorkin as Dr. Harleen Quinzell/Harley Quinn. The classic episodes - Heart of Ice is the best one, Almost Got 'Im, Two-Face and On Leather Wings to name a few. A classic movie in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. The introduction of new characters. All this is why I love the show and seek out merchandise from it.

• Like 2

Natural's top ten (well twelve as two are two part episodes) Batman: The Animated Series episodes...

10. Heart of Steel.

9. The Laughing Fish.

8. Perchance to Dream.

7. Two-Face.

6. Beware The Gray Ghost.

5. The Man Who Killed Batman.

4. Joker's Favour.

3. On Leather Wings.

2. Almost Got 'Im.

1. Heart of Ice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, The Natural said:

When I read a Batman comic, I hear the voices from Batman: The Animated Series. Such a well cast show. Thank you, Andrea Romano.

there's so many voices that are just perfect and stick with you.  i'm sitting here trying to think of a character whose voice just doesn't sound "right" and coming up blank. 

As a lifelong Nightwing fan, i still hear Loren Lester's Robin voice in my head for the character, regardless of age. i think that sums it up perfectly.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...