DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

Finally sat down and watched Justice Society: World War 2
I loved this so much, like the most fun I've had with DC animated project since JLU ended. Quick question though... That was a time travelling Kamandi with Superman's costume right?

James

Edited by J.H.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having zipped thru it, it was fine, but, maybe too cynical for the material. 

Some of the references were clever. 

I don't have the same childhood nostalgia, though, as Matt and others. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed the movie. Kind of dug that it was a bit of an ode to WFRR with so many toons from all over converging and living with real life people. Only things that felt missing were Warner toons. Was also kind of interesting with the commentary bits on animation and other things.

• Like 1

Was talking to guys at work about how "dark it was." Maybe since Roger Rabbit was an adult movie, some of the film noir tropes and Judge Doom weren't too much, as opposed to some of the similar stuff in CND. 

I don't remember RR being as wink wink as CND felt to Me. I've been meaning to rewatch RR, so maybe this is a good time. 

All I know is my daughter watched Vision get the mind stone ripped out of his head a couple of days ago without incident, but RR freaked her out and we couldn’t finish it. I wasn’t even upset at the movie; I felt bad she was rattled, but having to answer questions all night about why Flounder was renditioned, disfigured, and enslaved was kind of funny. 

54 minutes ago, (BP) said:

All I know is my daughter watched Vision get the mind stone ripped out of his head a couple of days ago without incident, but RR freaked her out and we couldn’t finish it. I wasn’t even upset at the movie; I felt bad she was rattled, but having to answer questions all night about why Flounder was renditioned, disfigured, and enslaved was kind of funny. 

9 year old and I watched it while the 4 year old was sleeping for this very reason.