DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

On 12/2/2020 at 8:06 PM, Matt D said:

Good news is that Hilda is getting a surprise season 2 in a few weeks.

Bad news is that Ducktales is ending with this current season. I'm pretty disappointed about that. It's probably my favorite show to watch with the 8 year old.

Sucks about Ducktales, but the Hilda news is great!  My whole family really liked that first season.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the best things about BTAS is how many of the villains believed they were doing the right things, even if they were eco-terrorists like Ivy and megalomaniacs like Ra’s. And then the sad villains like Freeze and Hatter. 

See the BTAS version of Ivy made her equal parts femme fatale gold digger and equal parts eco-terrorist. I miss pre- green skin Ivy a lot. She was a lot more fun seducing the board of Wayne Enterprises with mind control lipstick in the 70s and 80s than she became later

James

I watched Justice League Dark on HBO MAX and boy was I surprised. This was right up my alley...  I fucking loved it.  It had everything.  It was very dark but also had some truly heroic moments and was very funny in parts too.  It's crazy how many characters they were able to fit into 90 minutes of screen time and they mostly all had something going on.. 

On 1/1/2021 at 7:30 PM, odessasteps said:

In case folks forgot, BTAS started on hbo max today.

already watched all the Ra’s episodes and Laughing Fish. 

I showed the 8 year old Almost Got 'im, which was thoroughly enjoyed.

Then I looked for JL/JLU for the brain-switch episode and was annoyed that it wasn't on there.

11 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

CBS All Access added a bunch of Nickelodeon stuff, and also the 2003 Fox/4kids version of TMNT. I have been vocal here arguing that it's the best version of the Ninja Turtles story and I stand by that.

Really enjoyed it and the series that came after it. Both had some legit good stuff going on story wise. I haven't watched the Fox/4Kids series in so long, and I'm pretty sure I missed some episodes due to whatever weirdness went on when they aired it so its nice to know I have an avenue to check the whole thing out.

Edited by Eivion