DVDVR Message Board

Say My Name, Say My Name - SDL - 2/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Ruby/Bayley was solid. Billie was wonderful on commentary again. Loved Graves pushing Billie to try and team up with Bayley.

Otis/Gable vs. Roode/Ziggler was pretty solid.

Cesaro/Bryan the IC triple threat were both pretty damn good.

Bianca's segment was ok. Didn't really excite me for a match with Sasha.

They surprisingly have my interest if they go the Roman/Edge route. With just that opening segment and Roman talking about how Edge disrespected him by even teasing challenging Drew or Finn was pretty good.

Bianca/Sasha has to close out one night. I'm guessing the first one. If not, we will never heard the end of it.

How long is Jimmy Uso out for? They should do Roman/Usos vs Owens/Edge/christian at one of the ppvs before Mania.

• Like 1

Yeah, Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair has to main event one of the two nights. Still wish it was Sasha Banks vs. Bayley. Wouldn't be surprised if it's made into a triple threat.

For the second, Roman Reigns vs Edge or Drew McIntyre vs. ? I'd go with the former as Roman Reigns is a bigger star than Drew McIntyre (I really like both), the Royal Rumble match winner in the main event and you have the story of 10 years ago Edge defending the World Heavyweight Championship but having to vacate the next night and retire.

Edited by The Natural

15 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Yeah, Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair has to main event one of the two nights. Still wish it was Sasha Banks vs. Bayley. Wouldn't be surprised if it's made into a triple threat.

For the second, Roman Reigns vs Edge or Drew McIntyre vs. ? I'd go with the former as Roman Reigns is a bigger star than Drew McIntyre (I really like both), the Royal Rumble match winner in the main event and you have the story of 10 years ago Edge defending the World Heavyweight Championship but having to vacate the next night and retire.

Really hope it's a not a Triple Threat.  Royal Rumble winners should get 1 on 1s most of the time, since that's supposed to be the prize.  Besides, it's too soon for Bayley to beat either of them (lest it undo all the work they've done using Bayley to elevate Belair and put Banks' title reign over strong) and Bayley's also still too good to just be the gatekeeper who puts them over.  It's time to give the rub a chance to take [Belair should probably beat Banks outright too] and give Bayley a carrot or two for being a good soldier.

Personally I'd come up with an excuse to Bayley to invade Raw and mess with Asuka for a while, since that championship's been getting lost in the shuffle [and the brand split has never really meant anything when they don't want it to so fuck it why not?]

Bayley vs Banks will be a fine Wrestlemania match in a year or two; it still has that big match feel specifically because they haven't overdone it yet.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Matt D said:

That said, Bayley deserves some featured spot at Mania after the year she had but there are plenty of other ways to highlight her on the card.

So what I hear you saying is it will be Bayley/Carmella in a 4-way for the women's tag titles in the 2nd match on Day 1

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

it's funny that we are all expecting WWE to do the right thing. 

I'm more just repeating the right thing to myself so I don't forget what the right thing is in the face of never seeing it in so long ?

13 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I'm curious to see what closes WM. Obviously Roman is the biggest star in the company, but he also should steamroll whoever he's up against and keep building this character. He shouldn't really be in jeopardy until crowds are back in the building. So do you close your biggest show with a foregone conclusion? 

There's two nights again this year so I assume Roman mains one night and Drew mains the other.

13 hours ago, D.Z said:

One night for Drew vs whoever, other Roman vs whoever.

Easy fix is to have Edge challenge Balor:

Night one -

Edge v Finn Balor - NXT

Asuka v Charlotte v Ripley - RAW Womens

Roman v ??? - Universal

Night two -

Banks v Belair - SDL title

Drew v Sheamus - WWE title

Bayley/Billie Kay v Riott Squad - Women's Tag.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Really hope it's a not a Triple Threat.  Royal Rumble winners should get 1 on 1s most of the time, since that's supposed to be the prize.  Besides, it's too soon for Bayley to beat either of them (lest it undo all the work they've done using Bayley to elevate Belair and put Banks' title reign over strong) and Bayley's also still too good to just be the gatekeeper who puts them over.  It's time to give the rub a chance to take [Belair should probably beat Banks outright too] and give Bayley a carrot or two for being a good soldier.

Personally I'd come up with an excuse to Bayley to invade Raw and mess with Asuka for a while, since that championship's been getting lost in the shuffle [and the brand split has never really meant anything when they don't want it to so fuck it why not?]

Bayley vs Banks will be a fine Wrestlemania match in a year or two; it still has that big match feel specifically because they haven't overdone it yet.

I hope it's not a Triple Threat either and that's coming from a Bayley fan and of all three, especially the Legit Boss. See: Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch at WrestleMania XXXV, THE obvious match and Charlotte Flair was stupidly added.

Bayley vs. Asuka is a good shout for the WWE RAW Women's Championship. Still see Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka at WrestleMania for it or Asuka drops the title before then to Flair for Flair vs. Ripley II. Charlotte winning last year was the wrong call. Said it as soon as it happened.

Edited by The Natural

22 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i don't think Drew will close out either night.  it would have been different last year coming off the Rumble and facing Lesnar. 

I don't either. I think it'll be Banks/Bianca one night as the main event and Roman Reigns vs. Edge the other. Hope Bayley gets something good after the great 2020 she had.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I don't either. I think it'll be Banks/Bianca one night as the main event and Roman Reigns vs. Edge the other. Hope Bayley gets something good after the great 2020 she had.

I'd love Bayley to become the Ace of the tag division.

She's never going to get the push of Charlotte or the title #s of Sasha.

Long quality runs for Bayley are great and I'd like to see her carry that into making the tag division something to watch.

Team her up with Billie Kay. When that breaks down then give her someone like Gonzalez. Follow that up with a face turn and a team with Shotzi Blackheart.

Then, years down the line, the Golden Role Models reform as a face team for one more record setting run.

• Like 1

This is a problem with WWE and their women and I've been saying it for years. If a top women's wrestler isn't in the title picture we are all like "damn they have nothing for her"  and it's true.  WWE fucking sucks at booking the women equal to the men.  They should have more than 2-3 matches on this card.  They can easily have for example Charlotte face Lacey Evans in a WrestleMania feud.  Why does Charlotte have to be involved with Lacey, the tag division and Asuka? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1