DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/3/2021

Dolfan in NYC

They ain't running champ vs. champ Golden Lovers match without full crowds anyway. If it happens, it's late 2021. Sorry Hangmin, GET TO DA BACK O' DA LINE!

(look at Maki's next post underneath the hellomazafackkas one Natty posted above)

Also this one too:

"Ever since I was a small child, I've dreamt of wrestling for AEW, brother." - Marty Jannetty

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

So, they did just file a copywrite claim for Battle of the Belts, did they not? ? I mean, it is likelier Swan vs. Omega but a man can dream. The one time I would not be disappointed by a champ vs. champ 60 minute draw.

Also, if Maki does indeed win the Japan side of the bracket, they better not bring back the censor from a couple weeks back, hahahaha. Whoever it is will be looking like this when her music hits:

giphy.gif

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

EtWQ01WXEAEwUXd?format=jpg&name=large

Check Miro out in the picture. The Sinister Minister, always good seeing him. The Unholy Alliance in ECW of Yoshihiro Tajiri/Mikey Whipwreck led by Sinister Minister, one of my favourite tag teams ever and one of my favourite entrance themes to go with:

Mitchell managing Abyss in TNA was a highlight as well.

• Like 2

I feel like SinMinz's time with Abyss eclipsed the Unholy Alliance but that's just me. That photo of him on the stage with Jeff Hardy jumping over him to hit Abyss with the swanton off the entrance at BFG '05 is one of the best wrestling images I've ever seen.

So the twitter fauntasy booking has started. Somebody posted Hiromu in full peacock gear from WK and Darby in B&W. Jesus, yes. I know it's incredibly unlikely but that's the only thing that comes close to my desire for Kota/Kenny. I am going to be so disappointed when this just ends up with the Strong guys in AEW. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

AEW is my favorite wrestling company. I fucking love all of this shit.

Well, except the wedding, which was kinda poopy, but I popped for the end of.

The wedding was worth it for the Sinister Minister.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

KENTA shook his head at Omega after taking Moxley out. Tripled layered stories being developed right now.

I thought that was at Mox since he did the belt motion right after. 

2 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Jay White and Young Bucks nipping at each other on who is real Bullet Club on Twitter in last 48 hours is now a storyline.

Once this pandemic lifts you won’t know what the hell could happen next. 

Don't forget ELP's quip about only needing one superkick to get the job done. 

1 minute ago, DreamBroken said:

Kenny & KENTA vs. Archer & Moxley - unsanctioned falls count anywhere next week !

I saw Kenny make the challenge. Is it confirmed? I would think they'd save that for PPV.

This show was so much fun from start to finish. I loved the battle royal. Last week I thought they gave away the ending with The Buck's winning just so we'd get them vs. The Good Brothers. But this battle royal was all over the place in a good way. There were probably 4 or 5 teams I thought that had an honest chance at winning. It would have been something else if FTR were in it. MJF is taking over the Inner Circle and it's going to be so much fun. It's gonna to rule when Sammy leaves the circle (either he's thrown out or he leaves on his own) and we get MJF putting everyone else in the circle in front of him before they finally meet.

Brit vs. Rosa was easily the match of the night. Would have been an amazing PPV match. Britt is going to die at the hands of Thunder Rosa.

The wedding was hilarious. I loved James Mitchell doing the wedding. The only thing I wish happened was Chuck objecting to the wedding by noting he had to be a servant for exactly 2 weeks and that time was up. But I loved Orange in the cake. Miro going on a killing spree should be fun.

I'm excited for this women's tournament. I hope they show the japan matches on youtube or something cause I have no idea how to watch them otherwise.

The lumberjack match was fun chaos. Loved seeing Jake get in a shot on Angelico.

The Main event was great. Rey Fenix at the very least should be TNT Champion defending that belt every week. But man there are so many layers to these feuds it's great. I didn't think Kenta would show up so that was fun. If the door is open to AEW/NJPW there's too many matches I want to see. 

• Like 2