DVDVR Message Board

A Priest, A Bunny, and A Fiend Walk Into A Bar - Raw - 2/1/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Seeing Bobby thrash Riddle then toss him like Charlotte tossed a really unconscious Shayna was extremely satisfying. 

I get the feeling Nikki will have returned to her home planet, if that's the end of their "feud". I seriously hope they don't do that but you know what happens to the partner they always find less significant. That match also told us that Raw is definitely not live all the time anymore.

Skipped the Lashley/Riddle match, but I catch Lashley try to cripple Riddle. That was fun, especially that smile form MVP after he "tried" so hard to get Lashley to relent.

The triple threat tag match was going well until the Ric/Lacey bs as always. I don't dislike the idea of Lana & Naomi as a team. I even though that was maybe where they were goign last year until Asuka partnered up with Lana instead.

LHP vs. HB was good. I do hope they eventually drop the dissension in Hurt Business. These guys are way too good together to be breaking them up any time soon.

Alexa/Nikki was the usual dumb bs involving Alexa. Alexa does well changing up so much to make her current character work, but I just hate how they are using it. WWE always goes too far with this shit. I feel sorry for Nikki. She deserves better.

I didn't pay much attention to Randy/Edge. I expected the bs ending we got.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Nikki is in a tough spot here because she can't even do the crazy thing. But we have to be real, she's a hand in WWE world.

If her husband was ever likely to see a push, I'd put them together in NXT. But he probably isn't. In a different world, they'd be better off in NJ/Stardom. Though she probably would be an asset to AEW if she were somehow released right now.

Tucker probably has it worse though. Must suck to be that guy.

1 hour ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

In a different world, they'd be better off in NJ/Stardom. Though she probably would be an asset to AEW if she were somehow released right now.

Was Dain on anyone's radar outside of the European scene? Nikki was alright in her one Stardom tour, but I'm not certain she would have been someone brought back regularly. I'm also not sure Japan was really her long term goal. Honestly, there are several in WWE right now who Stardom wanted to sign, but they wanted to be in WWE and/or couldn't really take the idea of staying in Japan long term. They like the country, but not enough to want to live there. Nikki seems like the type who falls in that category. If she left now I think AEW is where she would head.

I enjoyed the three way tag match but I'm already exhausted by this Ric/Lacey/Charlotte mess. Glad to see Lana and Naomi pick up the win. They always made sense as a team and it looks like we might finally get some revenge from Lana against the tag champions. 

I give Alexa credit for trying to make this stuff work and it was interesting before the WWE WWEd it. But after the Asuka stuff and now this with Nikki, it's all just blah. 

• Like 1

I only watched the first segment last night and pretty much tuned out after that. The Edge and Drew face to face came off as so fucking fake and it doesn't help that Edge is stuck in this same NPR voice he used on his podcast. Referring to himself as the ultimate opportunist is just fucking dumb.

I started thinking back to other great programs based on who was the better wrestler like Bret and Shawn, Rock and Brock, and Austin and Rock. Like, this shit should be all about training videos, hype videos, showing what each guy is doing to prepare, asking Edge how he's going to compensate for his age, asking Drew how he's going to make up for Edge's experience advantage, etc. Not, "Hey Edge, I'm really proud of you, you're really great bud" and "How dare you, I'm the ultimate opportunist and you're not kicking my head in." Like, what the fuck? That shit is fucking corny. If there was any time for WWE to ape UFC's style of match promotion, this is it. They could do something totally different given the lack of any actual crowd and they're just sticking to the same old shit.

And Sheamus still looks like a fucking dork. So many of these wrestlers look like geeks and dorks. More people on the roster should look cool like the Hurt Business.

I paid a little more attention to the main event and thought it was the same old WWE junk. Alexa Bliss and the black goo from the X-Files didn't help.

Look, if you really want this Alexa shit to work, go full on SNL and run a hose up through Alexa's sleeve and have her "vomit" black goo all over Randy. If you're going to go ridiculous, go all the way.

• Like 1

Is there any storyline explanation of how/why Randy's burns healed up without scarring in less than a month?  I mean, the makeup job last week wasn't especially convincing, but at least it did sorta look like a serious cosmetic injury that wouldn't miraculously go away in six days.

I guess maybe Randall went to the same doctor that patched Cena up after Jesus (Carlito's henchman, not the Son of God) stabbed him in a club.  Dude was ready to go without even stitches and a scar after about a week.  

Edited by Eoae

So Edge cut a total heel promo on Drew at the beginning of the show, only to go back to being a face against Orton later in the night? And he's simultaneously gearing up for a title match against Drew at Mania and getting further involved in a three way program with Orton and The Fiend, plus the likelyhood of more E&C stuff? I mean I don't want to see any of these, but at least pick one thing to commit to. I guess Sheamus/Drew is featured at EC and/or Fastlane but is Edge/Fiend/Orton going to wrap up in that timeframe as well?