DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2021

Dolfan in NYC

Taz seemingly spoiling the outcome of the main event kind of took me out of it a bit, saying during the intros of Yuka/Ryo as Excalibur hyped up the finals, "You want to talk about two of the most hard hitting women in pro wrestling worldwide, you talk about Thunder Rosa and Nyla Rose, so get ready." so I had less hope/investment for Riho to pull it off, but a good solid match regardless. Definitely never would've predicted the eventual final from this tournament on paper.

Six woman tag was a blast. Love watching Shida and I thought Suruga shined, definitely hope to see more of her. Another great performance from Maki throughout and I want Emi to be a semi-regular again asap, she's been on fire.

• Like 1

Seriously, other than Kadokura, Mizunami was the one I thought they'd likely not push hard despite the AEW experience as brief as it was. Logistically it makes a lot of sense, as she's a freelancer so you don't have to worry about her booking in that regard. She also works pretty snug without being dangerous and the division needs more people that work convincingly and in a rather simplified, less convoluted manner (yeah, I know the rope dance thing). Mizunami vs. Deeb, gimme that. All of the others in the tournament barring Aja and Veny are tied down to their home promotions so I am guessing we'll see them for short stints here and there once we're past the quarantine stage of travel until both sides feel like a more permanent switch makes sense.

I did not know Ryo fought in MMA for a whopping total of one fight. And that one fight was against the woman in @Elsalvajeloco's avatar pic. 

BTW, Aja was on today's ChocoPro show for Yuna Mizumori's third anniversary and the match was fun. More importantly, Aja showed a real gentle side after the initial tough love approach post-match, offering tropical girl Yuna pineapple and other fruits as well as going to the new Evangelion movie together whenever that comes out. Touching! Yuna was one of Emi Sakura's Eddie Mercury seconds during her second round match.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2