DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2021

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, just drew said:

Found AEW Series 3 figs at 3 different WalMarts today, if you're into that sort of thing. Got Allin and OC.

Goddamnit, I just got into buying the Spider-Man/X-Men ToyBiz line from the 90s on eBay, and now you come in here and tell me this? THANKS DREW, THERE GOES MY NEXT FEW PAYCHECKS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

Goddamnit, I just got into buying the Spider-Man/X-Men ToyBiz line from the 90s on eBay, and now you come in here and tell me this? THANKS DREW, THERE GOES MY NEXT FEW PAYCHECKS.

Wait 'til you see Series 4. The Santana & Ortiz figs might be the best wrestling figures I've ever seen. 

With a 6 month old, and all the expenses raising an infant entails, I'm having to pick my spots with fig purchases. I only buy AEW figs for guys I don't have a WWE fig of. So far I've gotten the Lucha Bros, MJF, Hangman Page, and now Darbs and OC. Starting to save extra change and singles so I can go to Coinstar in a month or so for fig $.

Edited by just drew
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, just drew said:

Found AEW Series 3 figs at 3 different WalMarts today, if you're into that sort of thing. Got Allin and OC.

Good stuff. Please keep checking the 2021 Wrestling Merchandise thread. Me, @D.Z and @NikoBaltimore (apologies if I forgot someone!) try and post updates on wrestling figures.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

“On the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer confirmed that former IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada will be part of NJPW’s new partnerships with Impact Wrestling and AEW.”

Excuse my language but...

HOLY CRAP!!!!    

It’s happening.

Anything and everything is happening!!!

EuMz9eSXIAAydeI?format=jpg&name=900x900

THE return.

Meltzer is now reporting Jericho's wife was at the DC protest.  GIven Jericho's issues with COVID, and his donations to Trump, it adds up to a pretty bad picture.

I don't know if this is enough to get Jericho in hot water- but given the political leanings of most AEW fans- I really hope they're not planning on trying to turn Jericho face.  Might blow back once they get crowds back (I think the COVID crowds will accept just about anything)

• Like 1

As a Black man who did not support Trump and voted for Biden I have no ill feelings toward Jericho or his Wife. I met Jericho’s Wife at a wrestling event 10 years ago and she was a sweet heart. She is originally from Minnesota and is a big Vikings fan much like myself and my family. Jericho and I have different political beliefs but I’m not cancelling him out or his Wife. 

We got to get past the things that divide us and enjoy the things that we love about each other. Am I suppose to cancel out every professional wrestler I have a political disagreement with? If that’s the case I would have to cancel out all of them because I’m a pro-life, pro gay marriage, anti death penalty, pro capitalist black man who votes for both candidates of the 2 major political parties.

I’m sorry guys, but limiting AEW to just 1 side of the political spectrum is not wise.

Chris Jericho is a good man who has made mistakes. Tell me who this perfect person is in wrestling? CM Punk? Give me a break. LOL. 

Edited by Flair’s Shadow
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just got an email from the Dark Order telling me my application was processed, and I have been allowed to join. 

For all the shit they give Five, he sure is getting through the application backlog. I think I filled the form out in 2019!

• Like 4

I've thought about this since the Beginning of AEW, that it would benefit AEW alot more that they didn't get the chance to work with New Japan early on so that they could build up their talent and establish their identity. It's been about a year and a half and now they'll have access to a small handful of their top guys now.

It's been a talking point about whether or not it would eventually happen.  It was never a question in my mind it would eventually happen. I didn't expect it to happen this soon but we've all been Wrestling fans long enough to know how Major and even indy Japanese promotion change partnerships with American promotions based on people in different booking offices and Promoters or Booking regimes.

It'll be great for both New Japan and All Elite right now especially. I'm a bigger fan of New Japan anyway so it gives me another reason to have to follow AEW

• Like 1

I would wager to say that if COVID never happened, then a lot of these working relationships between companies wouldn't have happened in the first place. Poor ROH just sitting in the corner and crying, though.

Anyway, the newest BTE:

• Nick Jackson and Scorpio Sky losing their minds about seeing a guy wearing the Dior AJ1s is totally relatable. I want those sneakers too, but I could buy a pretty nice used car with what they're re-selling for ($10-15K).
  • LUTHER SIGHTING, CALM DOWN EVERYONE!
  • Dark Order Kai: Amazing. Complete with bad lip syncing and slow-mo moves. The Iron Claw isn't supposed to work!
  • Hangman Page likes Matt Hardy more because of the grapes. But John Silver always has the grapes. 5 is quickly becoming my favorite member of the Dark Order in these skits. I saw a Reddit post that likened him to being Hangman when he was with the Elite. The overlooked one that's taken for granted, clearly the one with his head on straight among a group of egomaniacs (Elite)/bunch of goofs (Dark Order).
  • By god another Luther sighting in the Vicious Vixens auditions. We eatin' this week, boys.
Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

Thread of music videos for the joshi side of the bracket if you wanna get a sneak peak. I already posted the Veny one. Kadokura is the only one I'm not familiar with.

edit: oooh, i enjoy the city pop for Kadokura's video. Meiko Nakahara!

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

Aja Kong's video is fucking dope. Seeing her in Aja's video... somewhere there's an alternative reality where Bull Nakano is in this tournament and I want to live there. But as it is, Kong is still brutal as shit even if she's almost immobile these days.