DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

1 minute ago, Spontaneous said:

I'd like to see some modern day wrestlers do 80s anti drug commercials. I need Danhausen to tell me why I shouldn't smoke crack.

Cameo exists for a reason.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Watching GLOW on PlutoTV's pro wrestling channel, and i'm pretty sure that the top rope is lower in the GLOW ring than anywhere else that put on a match. Keeping on mind I haven't seen any Midget Bar Wrestling feds.

I haven't seen any GLOW yet, but I'm liking this channel so far. Just tuned into a Terry Funk vs Brickhouse Brown match I've never seen, which Google tells me is from a 1990 USWA title tourney.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AxB said:

Cameo exists for a reason.

Cameo is there to tell us the code word so no matter where we hear it, we'll know that we'll be heard
7WLm.gif

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I haven't seen any GLOW yet, but I'm liking this channel so far. Just tuned into a Terry Funk vs Brickhouse Brown match I've never seen, which Google tells me is from a 1990 USWA title tourney.

in case anybody is curious, the GLOW is listed in the guide under "Original Ladies of Wrestling". So there might be something going on with them not wanting people to confuse 80s GLOW with the recent GLOW TV show.

10 hours ago, droneking said:

Is that normal for a viking birth?

If I'm not completely mistaken, this still falls under "let's get this over with, we haven't got all WEEK!" - category of viking birth, so I'm assuming they actually got off nice and quick. Those Norsemen (including all Norsepersons) are something else all together!

10 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

in case anybody is curious, the GLOW is listed in the guide under "Original Ladies of Wrestling". So there might be something going on with them not wanting people to confuse 80s GLOW with the recent GLOW TV show.

That channel is something else.  When IWTV said they were putting some stuff on there I at first thought "Oh, a nice IWTV sampler to tide me over until I resubscribe at some point"  Little did I know that we'd be getting all kinds of wrestling going on.  I mean as I type this they have Tiger Mask W playing (still need to finish the season) but I've seen things from an hour of Greg Valentine to Urban Wrestling Federation.  Such a wonderfully strange channel that I hope more people check out.

• Like 4

On 2/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, D.Z said:

WWE could use cutouts along with real fans for Wrestlemania. I think they should put cutouts of old wrestlers and random people and multiple Vince Mcmahons in the seats.

Make that shit look like the Sgt. Pepper's cover

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

OLOW?

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That channel is something else.  When IWTV said they were putting some stuff on there I at first thought "Oh, a nice IWTV sampler to tide me over until I resubscribe at some point"  Little did I know that we'd be getting all kinds of wrestling going on.  I mean as I type this they have Tiger Mask W playing (still need to finish the season) but I've seen things from an hour of Greg Valentine to Urban Wrestling Federation.  Such a wonderfully strange channel that I hope more people check out.

One time I turned to the station, it was playing Urban Wrestling Federation, which apparently includes Eddie Kingston, so Eddie is everywhere that isn't the WWE.

But I think I saw something on the guide titled "Legends of Extreme" or something which was an hour of Tito Santana. Which sounds like a DVD being sold for a dollar by the people selling USWA Steve Austin comps.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

One time I turned to the station, it was playing Urban Wrestling Federation, which apparently includes Eddie Kingston, so Eddie is everywhere that isn't the WWE.

But I think I saw something on the guide titled "Legends of Extreme" or something which was an hour of Tito Santana. Which sounds like a DVD being sold for a dollar by the people selling USWA Steve Austin comps.

The Valentine one had that title as well.  Though to be fair he was part of the dog collar match so it's not that far-fetched.  And I have said comps of Austin and Cactus somewhere but it's been a long time since seeing them.  Might have to give them another watch at some point.

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Really trying to think of the most 'extreme' thing Tito Santana did.  Throw a closed-fist punch?

Just now, Zimbra said:

I did not know that.  Gonna have to see if I can find those on the network tonight.

Do it. Santana/Valentine was the first favorite feud of my childhood. Tito/Savage from 85/86 was really really good too.  Tito was such a great fiery babyface then. Check out YouTube as well.

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The Valentine one had that title as well.  Though to be fair he was part of the dog collar match so it's not that far-fetched.  And I have said comps of Austin and Cactus somewhere but it's been a long time since seeing them.  Might have to give them another watch at some point.

I think those USWA comps are exactly what's airing. I watched the end of Austin, followed by Tito, Valentine, and Cactus'. For zero dollars I cannot complain at all. I also saw an interesting indie doc last week that heavily featured Peter Avalon and other guys I recognized from CWFH. Most of it was them doing karaoke but hell if I didn't enjoy it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Do it. Santana/Valentine was the first favorite feud of my childhood. Tito/Savage from 85/86 was really really good too.  Tito was such a great fiery babyface then. Check out YouTube as well.

Santana/Martel is one of the first feuds of my childhood so I've always had a soft spot for Tito.

He was also the first guy where I noticed "Gee, this guy wins on TV a lot, but never wins on pay per views"

• Like 1