DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

6 hours ago, bazzil said:

Theyre now saying Stan and her mom are cousins which i think makes Lauren Boebert second cousins with herself ?

So does that mean Boebert's missing a delta brainwave?

Maybe she can team up with Philip J. Fry to save us from being invaded by the brains.

whyoffry.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

At least you haven't faked your own death like other board posters

(And the fact that the number is greater than 1 is even sadder)

Wait, this happened more than once? I only recall it happening once. Can't even recall who it was.

21 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

[Spoilers] "Well let's see, in 1986 Stan was living in Charl...oh wait God dammit, he was living in Florida!" [/Spoilers]

Cornette's delivery was amazing on that, I have to say

If you were actually trying to use spoilers - tags are no longer supported.

You have to click on the eyeball

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

JC weighs in on the Stan Lane story

Isnt this what started it? That podcast was released a few days ago.

Her being a far right wing nut and, as Brian put it, "a heiress to the Midnight Express fortune" is almost as good as that time Jim found out on the podcast that his long time friend and former head of the Jim Cornette fan club is the guy that got Russo involved in the wrestling business and that Russos video store sold the Midnight Express tapes that Jim made in the early 90s.

Edited by bazzil
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

So does that mean Boebert's missing a delta brainwave?

Maybe she can team up with Philip J. Fry to save us from being invaded by the brains.

whyoffry.jpg

Along with the guy who once asked the head of the Pacific Fleet if Guam was in danger of capsizing (Poor Jeff Cobb...), which I think is the greatest moment in the history of American politics.

The Stan Lane story (well, the cousin part) would sound far-fetched to me under any circumstances.  But I'm really suspicious because it sounds kinda close to the Dennis Condrey rumors making the rounds years ago.

Briefly, the rumor about Condrey quitting WCW and breaking up the Midnight Express is that Bobby dropped him one night after a show, Condrey said "See you tomorrow", then dropped off the map and didn't talk to Cornette or Bobby for years (this comes from shoots JC and Eaton have given over the years).  Cornette and Bobby weren't sure what was going on in Condrey's private life, but were sort of under the impression that he was having some sort of problem with a woman and needed to get out of the area and lay low for awhile.  Cornette and Bobby have both said they weren't sure what the trouble was, but thought Dennis wanted to make it harder for the law or maybe his wife's lawyers to serve him with papers.  

Anyway, Dennis dropped out of sight for awhile and supposedly went to - wait for it - Colorado.

Of course, it's also rumored that Condrey was simply burnt out and his wife or some other woman wanted him home and off the road.  Condrey himself has claimed that he quit because he wanted to take an offer from the WWF and JIm and Bobby got cold feet and agreed to stay when WCW management got wind of it and confronted them.  Supposedly, Vince was only interested in them as a package deal.

I know nothing about Lauren Boebert's background, but I'm guessing that, at some point, she was vetted and checked out.  It seems odd she has an illegitimate father out there that's never been brought up before.  It seems really far-fetched that no one in the Republican party vetted and turned up that her father was her second-cousin.

It's a House rep, not a VP shortlister, so I don't think there'd be much vetting going on. Maybe by the opposition party, but again, House race. I also don't think most voters would find someone's father being closely related to be relevant. You can't control who your father is.

This was funnier when I imagined Sweet Stan Lane stopping at a local Colorado Safeway and buying two gallons of baby oil so that he could inadvertently create the lady who owns the gun restaurant with numerous health violations. Let's not take this hilarious scenario away.

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

I came here for the "Sweet" Stan Lane is Lauren Boehbert's secret father discussion. There's also a YouTube post floating around where Lauren herself writes a YouTube comment on I believe a video about professional powerboat racing that The Fabulous One hosted after his wrestling career ended. 

Everything about this is perfect pro wrestling. I've been really fascinated by Lauren Boehbert since she came to fame as she a historic lunatic. Of course an 80s wrestling legend being tied into this would happen. A+ booking and I absolutely need this to be true.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I should not be as interested as I am, but I've been around since I don't know when (I'd say 2005 maybe?) and can't recall this story. 

Oddly enough, Stan Lane has a fake death story also when a few years back he "died"... Only for him to call a newspaper and tell them he was very much alive. Turned out there was an imposter Stan Lane. Guy had worked his wife their whole marriage, she couldn't stop believing. 

I recently saw Stan Lane in Smokey Mountain (SMW is really fun), that dude looked like a star. Great voice and good promo also. Not that it had anything to do with the whole deal, just an observation.

10 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I came here for the "Sweet" Stan Lane is Lauren Boehbert's secret father discussion. There's also a YouTube post floating around where Lauren herself writes a YouTube comment on I believe a video about professional powerboat racing that The Fabulous One hosted after his wrestling career ended. 

Everything about this is perfect pro wrestling. I've been really fascinated by Lauren Boehbert since she came to fame as she a historic lunatic. Of course an 80s wrestling legend being tied into this would happen. A+ booking and I absolutely need this to be true.

Nah, it will only be perfect if paternity is determined by a wrestling match instead of a DNA test.  The blow-off to this angle is going to be Stan Lane vs. .... um.... Michael Hayes in a "Who's Your Daddy"? match on PPV.  It will all be a fakeout, though.  At the next tv taping, Steve Keirns is going to be brought in and he'll cut a promo admitting that he's the father and he framed Lane for breaking up the Fab Ones.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I'm legit curious how you fake your death on a message board?  

And how did the member get caught out?  Did someone PM him to ask if he was really dead and get a reply back?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I'm legit curious how you fake your death on a message board?  

And how did the member get caught out?  Did someone PM him to ask if he was really dead and get a reply back?

It wasn't just specifically this board - it was at a minimum the internet at large (possibly real life too)

These were the early 00s so it wasn't as "easy" to cross reference so usually it was just an announcement that the person had passed away.

I was referring to Vanes and Victor - heck you can even through in Scott Mailman (though I don't remember if went all the way to faking his death)

I am really hazy on the details at the moment - if I can find the old posts that talked about it the last time this was mentioned, I will link to it.

A conversation about Lauren Boebert being Stan Lane's illegitimate child dovetailing into a conversation about board members faking their own deaths can only happen on THIS (motioning around myself for no reason) message board!

James

• Like 5